Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Excellent choice , I have had mine 7 years , no regrets …

Someone else had mine for seven years probably :joy: but they are really nice. I’ve wanted a pair for years as I have a big head :japanese_goblin:and wear glasses so found a lot of others uncomfortable.
I tried a lot of headphones on at Spiritland in London and really liked these. eBay yesterday, with me today.

1 Like

Festool and Lie Nielson, a man after my own heart!

Love the acoustic wall - did you design yourself? I’m intrigued.

Sorry, I didn’t designed the wall myself. A company in The Netherlands did all the measuring before and with those results they came with calculated solutions.
Clearly the measurements were showing the acoustic problems of the room. Afterwards when all was in place, same measuring and the results were amazing. 95% of the problems were solved.
Numbers are great but the listening is absolutely the best proof. Fantastic!!!
Despite nice gear, this acoustic room correction was the biggest step forward during our journey.

Be aware all acoustic changes are noticeable, it doesn’t mean it is an improvement :wink:
In other words, lots of companies pretend to know what they are doing but measuring before and afterwards shows what the changes did to your room.

Well ENDGAME!!! :joy:
I just replaced the standard PSU of the Nucleus Plus by a lineair one of Farad (designed and made in The Netherlands). Upgrade of the
AC plus DC cable, level 2, SR Orange fuse and Furutech Rhodium
AC Inlet.
You will be surprised what this change did to this system. The background is more quite and the resolution has been improved.

1 Like

This is my main setup. Sonos Connect > Resonessence Labs Concero HD > Naim NAC 112 > Naim NAP 100 > Totem Acoustic Hawks (with Sunfire Atmos Sub on the other side)

I also have a Concero HP and Chord Mojo for my headphone amps to run my Final Audio B3s and Grado PS500.

As one of the younger people on this forums, I am fairly proud of my rig. Definitely passed on having new cars and other hobbies to buy this. Would love to get some acoustic paneling for the room, but have no idea where to start with that. Being an elementary teacher who is currently teaching from home, I find I am listening to more music than ever before!

22 Likes

On my Wishlist.

Are the two center “diffusors” RPG BAD panels or DIY?

What is the stand for the electronics?

The M10 should be on many folks audition lists. Simplifies things and offers a REAL sound quality benefit in Dirac Live to boot. Amazing piece.

How do you like the SimAudio Moon 390? I thinking of upgrading to one to relieve some of the clutter.

Agree. SQ is quite good and simplicity is the wave of the future.

I have a SimAudio 390 with SimAudio 330 amplifier. I love it. It is robust, versatile and SQ is excellent especially paired to Magnepans. Detailed, open and transparent. Worth an audition.

1 Like

Thanks! I have a SimAudio Moon W5 power amp and SimAudio Celeste P-5002 pre-amp so I’m very familiar with and love how SimAudio sounds. The 390 is just so packed with features that one needs only one unit to do the job of four (pre-amp, music streamer, DAC and phono pre-amp). Definitely on my very short list!

The 390 is the best audio purchase I have made. Feature packed with great uncolored sound and pairs especially well with the 330A. Roon and Mind2 just works as expected.

1 Like

I appreciate the sentiment but I’m not a dude, dude! :smile:

9 Likes

It’s made by Plateau, lovely stand.

It took me a while to get acoustic treatment. What kicked off the project was finding a friend with a recording studio who then put me in touch with his guy. That individual was able to measure and take time to explain what was going on. He brought over a few panels and we tried them in various spots so I could hear what they did. I then placed an order for my own panels and went from there. I’m now using REW to do before/after with any room changes or speaker placement I make. Time consuming and I still have more to do. My next adjustment is ceiling panels but I’ve not decided where to get those yet. The biggest, and very noticeable night and day, difference is that I can truly get the imaging locked and make the speakers disappear. It’s darn magical. When others listen they think I’m playing tricks. They will not believe me that I’m only using 2 channels. Fun stuff. Those Totems image well so you’ve got a good start.

Yes. These are the exact factors that led to my purchase. It is a single box solution. I can vouch that Roon simply works. It is a robust and clean solution. My regret is that I should have picked silver! Btw, the icing on the cake is that it has moving coil amp. I just purchased a Rega Planar 6 with the Ania MC. Check it out in the photo.

8 Likes