Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Welcome.

I was wondering if Gwendolyn was one of those names, like Evelyn, that some men are saddled with.

Thanks for clearing it up. :laughing:

1 Like

I think you might be digging a deeper hole than you want to be digging

1 Like

How so?

//////

The complete “Wall” is calculated, designed and made by a company. None of the panels were ready to use, each of those were hand made.
As you can see, the Helmholz resonator at the left is much wider as the one at the right, also adjustable. This one is to solve the problem at 39Hz.
I didn’t want a room completely isolated and dead quiet, I still wanted to have the reflections as we are used to in our daily life but now fully in control.
The complete wall is 33 cm deep. :scream:

4 Likes

how do you like the ania (and were you moving from something else?)

I really liked the 390 I had in. It sounded good, did everything you need, and operationally had some lovely little touches that showed attention to detail. John Carroll - was UK, now Europe distributor - really knows the brand too, having handled it for a number of years.

The room my system is currently in has a fair amount of resonance and has 11 foot ceilings so it is a fairly high priority for me to treat it. It also is fairly short so that might cause some troubles.
I am a volunteer sound technician at my local church and happen to have access to some reference microphones so I feel like I could get some good results from using REW. If I may ask, how much would one expect to spend on treatment on a fairly small room if they aren’t going for treatment that looks like contemporary art?
I actually had a friend come over and ask where the middle speaker was which brought a smile to my face.
Oh I love Totem, I cannot give them enough praise, and the synergy with Naim amplification is a match made in heaven!

First turntable in along time (previous one was a direct drive Denon many years ago). To be honest, I didn’t audition turntables and cartridges. I went by the recommendation by owner/advisor at the hifi shop where I purchased Sim etc. I wasn’t impressed initially but after break-in, I am getting floored by the beauty, warmth and color of analog. It has been fun re-exploring my old LPs.

My heartfelt apology!

Hi Frank,

I am also using the RMCE-BT2 and Shure SE535 with both my iPhone and Fiio M11 music player. The Fiio with AptxHD sounds better than the iPhone but the connection is not as robust. Have you tried it with anything but iPhone and if so how is the connection reliability?

No worries! Not offended.

Wow, there are some great setups here! So far, my setup is focused on headphones. I have two stacks that I switch between. The first is a Schiit Bitfrost 2 and Jotunheim and the second is a Cayin IHA-6 amp and IDAC-6 mk2 DAC. My Roon Core is a NUC8i7 in a Cirrus7 finless case. It is connected via wired LAN to an 8-port Netgear switch using Supra CAT8 LAN cables. The switch is also connected to my SOtM SMS-200 Ultra Neo (also using Supra CAT8 currently), which outputs to my SOTM tX-USB Ultra Neo with a Wireworld Starlight 8 USB cable. They are both powered by the SOtM sPS-500 power supply. The tX-Ultra USB then connects to whichever DAC I am using via another Wireworld Starlight8 USB cable. I use my iMac as the Roon Remote. I currently have two pairs of headphone that I use. The first is an Audeze LCD-3 and the second is a Mr. Speakers Ether 2.
Right now I am in the middle of rearranging my setup, so I didn’t take any fancy pictures, but here is little set up. Apparently it is dusty today, lol.

18 Likes

Those Quads look great. Thats a system I would love to hear! Congrats

Hi John,

I have only experience with bluetooth on my iPhone X and Onkyo app.
Using the 535’s with a wire on my portable Roon kit (Rpi3/Audioengine D3/Powerpack) is a dream.

6 Likes

Merging Anubis just arrived.

10 Likes

Ooh, been thinking about getting a Hapi for some time. An Anubis would be a like-for-like (ish) replacement for my Apollo Twin MkII, so can’t really justify.

1 Like

That looks rather nice. Can Roon stream to it via the network interface?

1 Like

Yep, my Mac just sees Anubis as a soundcard, as if it were a USB DAC attached.

In Roon on macOS I just setup a zone and choose Exclusive Mode , like a USB DAC again.

I did ask @danny and @brian about RoonOS (Linux) playing direct to Anubis but didn’t get a reply.

2 Likes

Thanks, interesting - presumably your Mac has software on it to drive Ravenna/AES67 and present that to Core Audio as a sound card.

I was being unrealistically hopeful to think that Roon direct to a Ravenna/AES67 endpoint was possible. Nice as it might be.

1 Like