Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

I haven’t taken any pictures yet, but my Roon setup is as follows:

Roon Core is running on my Asustor NAS, connected to an Ethernet switch which is in turn connected to a mesh WiFi end point.

Also connected to the switch is my SOtM sMS-200, which is in turn connected to a Conrad-Johnson HD3. This is in my office/music room, and is my main system which also has CD/SACD, LP, and FM playback. The other components are all too numerous to mention, but include a Conrad-Johnson CAV-50 integrated amp and Triangle Celius 202 loudspeakers.

Four AppleTV’s, one Airport Express, and one HomePod are connected throughout the house serving as Airplay 2 endpoints for Roon.

An Auralic Aries Mini serves as a Roon endpoint in my Home Theater system, connected to a Sony STR-ZA5000ES receiver which is also pulling DAC duty, and has a built-in 8-port Ethernet switch to boot. The Aries is connected to the built-in switch, as is a mesh wireless endpoint. Speakers are Gallo Reference Strada 2’s.

All is controlled via 12.9” iPad Pro. No conventional PC is involved in the process, although you could rightly argue that the Asustor, SOtM, Auralic, and iPad are all computers. The AppleTV’s and HomePod too. But my MacBook, Surface Pro, and Linux laptop do not touch Roon at all.

I’ll post pictures later. Thanks!

1 Like

Nice to see another Genelec user here! Awesome setup :partying_face:

1 Like

And one that’s not positioned too high… :+1:

8 Likes

Omg, yes ! :+1: I thought I was the only one that noticed :grin:

4 Likes

How does it compare to your previous setup? Didn’t you have Dutch and Dutch speakers? Very nice.

1 Like

These are the original Blades, not the smaller Blade 2. Yeah, I think they’re positively magical - I’m hearing things on albums I’ve owned for years that I’ve never heard before.

Haha thank you!

Hehe . You don’t want to go to the chiropractor;)
It’s a DNP Supernova Core . Amazing screen !

2 Likes

Yeah man ! They rock!

1 Like

Cisco modified switch>AQ cinnamon Ethernet >macbook pro / roon core with tidal master

Cisco modified switch> AQ cinnamon Ethernet >moon mind 2> bis audio vivat digital rca/bnc custom terminated by bis> chord qutest> bis audio vivat rca> hegel h100>bis audio vivat> totem forest

All ac is from bis audio maestro except on the moon, that get a venom digital v10

Oh yeah, and dac has a ifi ipower. That’s it :grinning:

My current Roon setup:
Server: Innuos Zen Mk3 with 4Tb internal storage.
Streamer: Simaudio Moon 280D with Mind2 module.
Amp: Gato Audio DIA-400S.
Speakers: Paradigm Persona 3F.

19 Likes

And what seems to be a Meze 99?
I always wanted to see a gato in real life display! Done
Now I will have to listen to it.
Nice set Up Peter

The matching Gato Cd player/dac is on order, waiting for almost 3 months now thanks to covid-19.

Nice, the gato’s were on my shortlist before going for a Mcintosh…
Design is incredible and if sound matches the design, you should be very happy!

1 Like

Hegel H390 and new Wharefdale Elysian 4 have arrived this week.

33 Likes

what is the turntable?

My happy place :blush:

Anthem AVM20 pre/pro (oldie but goody!)
Parasound Classic 5250 power amp
Salkstream III music server/streamer
Oppo BDP-103
Magnepan LRS speakers
Power Sound Audio Triax sub

9 Likes

Happiness is a warm KT88, or four of them in this case(per channel). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

this is the most bizzare system I have ever seen! Why do you have 4 speakers stacked on top of your TV, and 3 speakers on each side of your TV? Hate to tell you but more speakers isn’t better at all. I would sell all those and buy 2 decent main speakers instead of 10 mid fi speakers. Put them in a dedicated room - your room and treatment are way more important than any other tweak you make.

2 Likes

Well the three on each side the cabinet are stereo speakers. Each has its own power sourced amp channel. The two now on top the cabinet are surrounds GSFX and the one above the TV is the center channel GRLCR. I took the two Silver RS1s down. The non-stereo ones are strictly for multichannel music. I don’t watch movies. Most of my non-headphone listening is done via the two sets of Monitor Audio GR20 and one set of GR10.

You may find it bizarre, but it sounds excellent, although most of my listening is now via headphones. The multichannel room adjustments are by Anthem ARC. I would say Monitor Audio GR20s are pretty good at $3K a pair (in 2001), but to each his own. Are Monitor Audio Gold mi-fi? I actually thought they were pretty decent speakers.

Welcome to the forum.

With respect to a dedicated room, I don’t have one.

Some of the components are now different since that photo was posted in September of 2016. That said, your criticism is noted, but doesn’t apply to how this setup functions. It sounds good to me, and that’s what counts. How about you post up your system? It would be great to see how you’ve got yours set up. Headphone rigs too.

Monitor Audio Gold Reference 20

Under new management, the company’s Studio series was replaced by a new Gold Reference range, which included the Gold Reference 20, billed as a natural successor to the Studio 20 SE. The “immensely accomplished” £1499 floorstanders offered similar levels of resolution and an equally familiar fast, dynamic sound, but demonstrated a better balance thanks to improved low-end performance. “We have no choice but to recommend them highly,” we said in early 2001.

5 Likes