Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

It’s a ProJect RPM10.1

1 Like

Generally speaking, this isn’t the place to criticize someone’s setup.

Pretty sure @rrwwss52 knows what he’s doing.

18 Likes

That’s what I was going to say. This thread is for posting your eye candy for us to admire. My favorite thread.

2 Likes

Or at least try to be constructive with your criticism :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I can tell having never heard your system, room or through your partially deaf ear that you need a bit more floor covering to the far right of your room. It’s the reverbs, don’t you know?

1 Like

Sarcasm btw!

1 Like

Actually, truth be known, the room design sucks (as far as audio goes), open on the right side in the form of a great room with the kitchen bordering the open area on the right side. All tile flooring. The rear Frenchdoor leading to the backyard limits placement of the speakers. The room wasn’t designed for optimal audio. Hence, I put the speakers on the rolling platforms. That was an @evand idea back in 2016. A good one at that.

Maybe I’ll buy some high end ethernet cables. That’ll fix everything… :grin:

10 Likes

Mine has a dining area behind my tight hand side, it sucks a lot of sound down there while the left bounces back off the rear wall. I empathise!
We make the most of what we have and as I keep saying, if my ears that listen to it like it then thats all that matters.

1 Like

Agreed. You make the best of the room you have. I do most of my listening via headphones these days. For me, it definitely has enriched the hobby for me.

2 Likes

Funny how people crawl out from under a rock and then pick it up and throw it at someone…this is not the place for that for sure. Everyone should enjoy what they have. Move up when and if you choose to and ask for guidance if you want it. I’m with you on that slim…in case it didn’t sound that way :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Very nice setup and excellent pics!!

1 Like

Major updates since November 2018, mainly driven by a new listening room (I moved in a new house in January 20) and a change in the amplifier (from Burmester 032 to Burmester pre 088 and 911 mk3 amplifier). The benefits from a proper listening room, despite still not ideal, have been the major improvement ever in my SQ ever :wink:
The actual system is now NUC i7 with Roon ROCK > SOtM 200 ultra neo > Schiit Yggdrasil > Burmester 088 > Burmester 911 mk3 > Burmester B80 mk2

55 Likes

Congrats on your beautiful room and setup!

1 Like

Gotta love those speakers.

1 Like

That setup is amazing! Wish I had a dedicated listening room…! Well done, sir.

1 Like

Love your new room and setup.
Very elegant and stylish.
Finally your speakers have the space to breathe.
I bet the bookshelf behind the speakers helps immensely with the acoustics of the room.

3 Likes

How is this listening room not ideal? Haha, very nice indeed! Beautiful.

I think everyone is missing the real beauty in this photo, the Herman Miller Eames chair!

7 Likes

A good chair sure helps.

I wonder how many cope with the issues a chair that comes up over ones shoulder - this is one thing that doesn’t help your sound I’m sure as the refection/absorption point would be so close to your ears.

Eames does not suffer this issue, IKEA also had a chair ( POÄNG) that was not too bad for this if you sat upright and were tall enough but not so nice in the comfort department and definitely not in the looks department :wink:

I have the Eames and ottoman too, plus an Aeron in my office where I also manage to listen a lot, though not so much in a sweet spot for chairs.

3 Likes