Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

POÄNG user here, the bass is way much deeper, the voices are amazing, the soundstage is almost cosmic… :laughing:

4 Likes

POÄNG chairs and their supposed influence on sound quality are just snake-oil, peddled by a manufacturer who is plainly out for profit.

Have you double blind tested them against other cheaper chairs available from Ikea or other similar stores?

No! Well, in that case your claims about better sound quality are absolutely groundless. I have never listened to music whilst sitting in a POÄNG chair, but I do have a great deal of experience of listening to music in a variety of other chairs. Some of these chairs are expensive, and others are basic seats that can be purchased at your local supermarket, and I can categorically say that I have not detected the slightest difference in sound quality.

My advice to any potential buyers. Simply go for any basic & cheap chair that you find to be comfortable for you. Don’t waste your money on expensive snake-oil chairs. :innocent:

9 Likes

I find a chaise gives the laid back sound I like.

7 Likes

What shoes do you wear when listening to music? I prefer just socks so I don’t get sounds bouncing off the soles of my shoes. Beige socks sound best.

12 Likes

Actually just wearing glasses or not can affect what and how your hear. Your brain however works quickly around these issues so while you might notice the change it will eventually be accommodated and compensated for. Then there is atmospheric pressures, temperatures and a gazillion other things at play. Basically you will unlikely ever hear the exact same sound twice.

2 Likes

My tinnitus reacts significantly to atmospheric pressure. All of my Roon playback systems are so dead quiet that tinnitus is all I ever hear between tracks.

3 Likes

Alcohol affects my foot tapping.

4 Likes

Which foot Gary?

2 Likes

That’s foot tapping as an action, not a subject-predicate pair.

You scamp.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: I may have had an IPA and a bevy of other beverages so…

3 Likes

Size 11 so both feet are about a foot…

3 Likes

My cousin is a size 13. He does not have trendy footwear :joy:

3 Likes

I have a chair which I bought for comfort but actually does a good job for sound. It’s got a high back but it’s nice and soft. It blocks reflections from all over the room when I lay my head into it. (It has a high back) Not expensive, not ‘high end’ but oh so good.

1 Like

I have a “home theater” couch. It has adjustable / drop-down headrests. My shoulders are above the back of the couch until a movie comes on and then it’s recline time. Took me a long while to find it but having nothing behind my head was a requirement for the furniture.

Edit: link to something similar to what I have https://www.macys.com/shop/product/nevio-6-pc-leather-sectional-sofa-with-chaise-3-power-recliners-articulating-headrests-created-for-macys?ID=3079011&tdp=cm_app~zMCOM-NAVAPP~xcm_zone~zPDP_ZONE_A~xcm_choiceId~zcidM05MMG-3373ff74-ffa8-4ff1-8f0d-6a764aec10d2%40H7%40customers%2Balso%2Bshopped%2429391%243079011~xcm_pos~zPos3~xcm_srcCatID~z29391

1 Like

This works for me…

3 Likes

Brother, I have a clear picture of you sitting in that chair. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s Roon’s fault. I’ve logged 1000’s of hours listening to music.

2 Likes

Hardly need this big TV anymore.

2 Likes

Headphone listening…

Around the house.

2 Likes

My modest living room 2-ch (Special 40 + Naim Uniti Atom), kind of limited on space sadly, the Naim is hiding in the cabinet. Don’t shame me for the soundbar please… :slight_smile: Dynaudio does not offer a matching gloss red birch center so I’m using a Sennheiser Ambeo for movies.

16 Likes