Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

It looks like one, I have a Stands Unique compact rack. Shame they went out of business.

1 Like

A couple of updates to my modest headphone set up.

MacBook Pro > Audioquest Dragon Tail > Luxman USB Cable
+
Linn Majik LP12 > Luxman E-250 > Luxman RCA Cable
Into
Luxman DA-250 > Kimber Kable > Sony MDR-Z1

Sounding good!

9 Likes

Like the Inherent Vice poster.

1 Like

Mark,

They did not go out of businessā€¦just out of the Audio Biz. They continue to make Cell Phones. Bums me out too as I thought they had great Audio products. I too enjoy the HA-1 and large improvement can be had using a different DAC like a Muli-Bit or Stepped resistor DAC. The on board Delta Sigma is on the brittle side comparatively. I also enjoy one of their older CD players, the 105, but since Roon was installed almost never listen to it anymore.

I too have the 105. And the HA-1 and HA-2 plus the sonica DAC and some sonica speakers. The sonica sadly only run as apple airplay in roon but at least the DAC has usb in and balanced out.

The Gold Note Mediterraneo With the PH10 phono amp arrived today and they have been, nothing short of a revelation.

30 Likes

The Music Tools rack is quite beautiful.

1 Like

I have to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to post pics and descriptions of their systems! Itā€™s really been entertaining to see the varied and often beautiful rooms and electronics.

Also, it makes me feel less like of an odd ball for the time I have spent accumulating and developing different hifi systems over the years.

6 Likes

Hi Larry,

Iā€™m finding your assessment of the dac in the HA-1 as brittle interesting. You see I just bought the LCD-Xs and if I had one complaint I would say they can be a bit sharp (brittle). I was looking at a Denafrips dac for my stereo office rig, which is suppose to be almost tube like. I wonder ifā€¦

1 Like

26 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Advice on new Roon system

Thanks Fred. MusicTools is Italian: http://www.musictools.eu/prodotti/prodotti.html

My rack is from the Alica line.

Their newest brochure is here (PDF):

http://www.musictools.eu/Music_Tools_catalogue_05-2016.pdf

Hmmmmm if only I had some bare necessities myself :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Roon Setup

• Roon Core running on QNAP TVS-871-i7-16G 8 Bay NAS

Into simple main set upā€¦

• Meridian 818v3
  • Meridian DSP8000SEā€™s

Other "zonesā€™ in the system, Roon intoā€¦

• iMac with Meridian Explorer 2 into Shure SE846 Headphones
  • Meridian MS200 into Meridian AD88
  • Meridian 861v8, into 3.1 system (2 x Meridian M6 L/R, Meridian 7200HCSE and DSW Sub)
49 Likes

Foliage - one of the universeā€™s better extrusions.

4 Likes

i considered the pianoso for a bit, but ended up with a concept dark wood. the GN tables are certainly luxurious looking.

This room is truly great.

That Denafrips is supposed to be one hell of an R2R DAC! Iā€™ll bet that DAC would make your LCD-Xā€™s really sing!

Iā€™m only considering their Aires II model. Not sure if you were referencing a specific one?

Iā€™m trying not to hi-jack the topicā€¦getting that Ares II model still hasā€¦
Use exclusive R2R + DS structure. This decoder uses 20BIT R2R + 6BIT DSD (32 step FIR. Analog filter) to make a special composite discrete resistance DAC circuit transform. Not only it has the R2R feature, but also transfer SDS sound source a lot.

This will still out perform the Delta Sigma on board DAC on the HA-1!