Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

I used to have a pair of Renässans speakers back in the dark ages :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s an awful lot of funnel molds.

My ssd :slight_smile:

In hifi terms it most probably sounds awesome! But, on an aesthetic level, with all those black spikes it looks a bit like an S&M dungeon??!! :drooling_face:

3 Likes

In my early Hi Fi days I had plenty of Yamaha gear. I had that big ol black Stereo amp (can’t remember the model number)…But it was heavier than hell with two huge Power Meters on the front. It ran really hot and finally toasted a channel. At the time, Yamaha was not even repairing them.

Then I had a wonderful Yamaha straight-line tracking Turntable…worked great and sounded even better!

Never thought Yamaha got the credit they deserved…

Yep - awsome stuff & stands it’s own with the big boys here in the UK.
For people that play CD’s & want a classic, matching system, their kit is ace.

Just a shame they haven’t made a high-end streamer yet!

1 Like

I was thinking the same. :laughing:

1 Like

Allegedly :slight_smile:

1 Like

As far as streamers go Im very happy with my Cambridge Audio 851N. Roon and it work fabulously. I had bought mine a few years ago and it was updated automatically to Roon by a software update. The player sounds phenomenal plus it has balanced outputs. Of note if you are mixing and matching components not all balanced outputs match all other manufacturer impedances. For a week or so before I received my C53 preamp I ran the streamer directly to my MC 462 amp. To my surprise the 851N, which is a preamplifier as well as a streamer, could not drive my amp to full volume. Thus if you are going to attempt such a balanced connection you have to make sure they match. You could still used the unbalanced RCA, but you then miss the benefits of the balanced one such as improve signal to noise and zero possibility of RF interference.

You can adjust Cambridge Audio in/out levels to match components. Had it been adjusted down?

Yes the 851N is a preamplifier, however, at its maximum level (through the balanced output) it could not drive my McIntosh amp to full output. My best guess is that there was a mismatch in output. Once I installed the Mc preamp there was no issue. Im fairly sure that it would match a Cambridge amp just fine.

1 Like

Having tried a few high end DAC’s streamers Including the DCS Bartok & Aqua LinQ ended up going for the incredible MSB Descrete which is without doubt the best most natural sounding product using Roon.
Love the convenience of Roon especially with the addition of the radio stations which is a big plus .
Sound quality is superb and I find I’m listening to music I’ve never heard because of the recommendations which is a great idea.

Add images

![image|666x500](upload://fquXCbkjmwi6xksfncPp5bdzp1W.jpeg)
2 Likes

System Update: Just changed the PMC Twenty 24’s for a pristine pair of PMC Twenty 26’s…WOW, what a difference the dedicated mid range makes, just fantastic.

Also invested in the new Chord English Electric 8 Switch. I was a bit sceptical about audiophile switches, but the SQ improvement is very noticeable, so don’t knock it😁 Also ran a 10m length of Chord C Stream cable from the router to the switch. No idea if the £90 spent has made any difference, lol.

Another addition even though my headphone listening is far and between is a pair of Sony WH-1000xm3. They sound great.

Hope you like the pics

13 Likes

Meridian setup with an 861v8 and ID41, 8KSEs, 7200SE Center, 5200 surrounds, (2) JL Fathom 113s, GIK Acoustics absorbers, and Nanoleaf lighting setup in the Kaleidescape logo.

Lots of fun

33 Likes

Love the 2.35 to 1 screen. It is just so right in a Home Theater. It is what I use, but so many people do not. I think a constant height set-up is the only way to go for a dedicate room. Nice room treatments too! Well done.

1 Like

Very nice indeed👍

Swapped out the Schiit Aegir amps for a single Roksan Caspian Mk I amp. Also removed the DAT recorder.

10 Likes

Did some upgrading recently. I replaced blue sound node 2 with Auralic Altair G1. I also added Yamaha A-S 2200 integrated amp to drive my Klipsch Cornwall 4’s. I couldn’t be happier. :sunglasses:

23 Likes

This looks killer.

1 Like

The Yamaha amplifiers are the bee’s knees!

1 Like