Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

I have suffered from it! The Mc/B&W ststem I posted is my “stereo” system. In the mancave there is a 7.2 Rotel, B&W system, of similar expenditure. Unless something dies this is it! :crossed_fingers:

Hopefully after 50 years of system tinkering…I’m happy.

Roon nucleus>Benchmark DAC3>AHB2>Harbeth P3ESR

32 Likes

need those speakers !

Those power cables are unreal… :astonished:

2 Likes

Sounds pretty good with https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/oratory1990/harman_over-ear_2018/Sennheiser%20HD%20660%20S

5 Likes

There is something seriously wrong with this thread…images are taking an eternity to download, and I have gigabit speed internet…anyone else having issues? I’m in asia.

No issues here (USA).

Most threads images are almost instant but some are dead slow…odd…maybe it’s ipados14beta biting me

No issues in Finland :smiley:

2 Likes

None here either but it’s still slow, maybe it’s the international links slow…this is my WiFi speed…router is like 900mbps each way

Even Singapore to San Francisco it’s still pretty ok.

1 Like

Oh wow. That’s a beautiful example of '57’s.

1 Like

Wonderful system! How are the P3ESRs?

Thanks for the query. Speakers newly installed after a few years with Quads ESL63>Z3>2812. I finally had to admit that the limited room size did not reveal their likely full potential. I posted yesterday eve after listening to Patricia Barber on the Harbeths which gave a precise 3D soundstage and for me a full range incl., surprisingly given their, size the lower end.
Best w,
Neil

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I keep ogling Harbeth speakers as at one point I‘d like to switch from my present ATCs to other speakers. And I have a soft spot for those ‚retro‘ looking Harbeths, either the P3RSRs or the Monitor 30.1.

1 Like

Ummm . . . thanks to you, original ESLs are my daily drivers. Driven by a Sonore UltraRendu, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ and Decware Zen Torii Mk IV.

1 Like

Wow! My wife would kill me…but maybe in my next house!

1 Like

11 posts were split to a new topic: Devialet Expert 200 Amplifier, DAC and Streamer Review

Personally I like Audio Research for tubes. I have yet to listen to Mcintosh hybrid designs. As is obvious for my own equipment I prefer Mc of the transistor variety. Its all about the “autoformers” which no other company thinks are worth anything. However they are the secret sauce to a reliable, powerful, quiet and cool running bias amp that has essentially zero distortion As long as you are willing to put up with its serious weight😉
Tube amp fans probably hate my MC462 its “too dry and analytical” Many would also not prefer B&W 800 series as bass shy, despite the house falling apart from the bass sound pressure. Its all a system whose goal is an obsessively undistorted character which will reveal every nook and cranny whether good or bad. Good source material sounds heavenly but bad material is mercilessly shown as such. On the other hand a system with with tubes and copression horn drivers will give a very lively easy sound regardless of what you throw at it.

1 Like

Those big Yamaha electronics are just stunning. Could literally just sit & click the buttons & turn the dials on the fronts of them all day long. The most satisfying thing ever.

A piece of engineering genius & don’t often get the publicity they deserve. You’ll struggle to find things with that build quality elsewhere, regardless of cost.

1 Like

Holy crap! Your download is faster than my hard drive…

1 Like