Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

I bet that system/room sounds spectacular. It certainly looks spectacular!

Thank God it does. Even my hi-fi dealer says he’s slowly running out of ideas. Nevertheless, he is confident that he will find something more expensive for the future. insane :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I’ll happily trade underpowered for rather large sonic benefits.

The speakers are JBL 100s. The Maxell ad used Ride of the Valkyries. The 80’s version featuring Pete Murphy of Bauhaus used Night on a Bare Mountain.

5 Likes

I run roon on an mac mini late 2012 with Windows Server 2016
The Rest is a mytek Dac plus, with Belcanto s500, magnepan 1.7i
And a little bit vinyl

12 Likes

It was Maxell tapes from the early 1980’s and features Pete Murphy of the group Bauhaus.

I seem to remember it earlier, but it all blends together after awhile. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I know the feeling !!!

Just stunning! Beautiful space and seriously, seriously good equipment. Congratulations!

1 Like

Many thanks :blush:

Many thanks Phil for this vid. I didn’t know… thumbs-up

1 Like

@ncpl -

Aha, there was an earlier version that young whippersnappers don’t know about

So, not senile (yet). :smirk:

3 Likes

That ad is still on a billboard on the side of a building down the road from me in Melbourne. I’ll get a photo next time I go past (which might be a few weeks give we can hardly leave our home right now!).

Fantastic!

1 Like

Giving the new Innuos ZEN a run-in.

33 Likes

That is an amazing system. Only something I could dream of today. The aesthetic of the room itself is tasteful and the system is out of this world. Thanks for sharing this as it is great to see how others listen to music as I am just getting back into the audiophile world again

1 Like

Are the tweeter grills on your Sopras painted black?

It’s a bit more expensive but really good and the best I’ve had so far, optically and also sonically.

Is the Black Edition, it was fun … I didn’t like the aluminum sheet, so I sprayed the cover in black matt.

Spectacular set room and set-up. I love your eye for detail and the lengths that you are able to go to to do something right!

I dream of cable management like that :grin:.

2 Likes