Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Thanks @jcn3! Placed an order with GIK; panels should ship around 11/20.

Room will be tight as I need to fit a desk in there, so fingers crossed it works out…

4 Likes

That looks like a good setup for some GIK. You may just want to keep an ear out for reflections from the rear wall where the desk is. Soffit traps may not be enough. You can test for that when you are setup.
The front and side panels you show will have a massive effect on what you hear anyway.

1 Like

Vandersteen Model 7’s? Very nice :+1:. I own 3a Signatures not quite up to your level but can’t beat the vandy sound.

Added a Thorens TD-125 with SME 3009 tonearm to the stable it’s fully refurbished and I had a real wood Zebra wood plinth made for it . Great sounding table and gives my ARXA a run for the money.

15 Likes

Wow; I owned a TD125 when it was original. Always loved that TT

1 Like

Polk SDA’s?

Polk. Way back in the day. I had a lovely set if Polk 10s. Miss em.

When you listen to music, what is the ratio of analog to digital do you listen to?

Vandersteen 3a Signatures

1 Like

My digital has gotten to the level of my analog now so right now it’s about 60/40 analog/digital plus or minus .

I think I’ve seen you on Audio Karma am I right ?

1 Like

Me Too! Its the only piece of audio gear I ever regretted selling.

They’re very good tables , I’m really loving this one.

I give you credit for hanging in there with that ritual!!! I gave up vinyl more than 20 years ago…and I was way into it…addicted to MoFi records and any Direct-to-Discs I could find in my music preference…how every particular stylus leaves it’s signature behind on your collection…yada-yada…Roon has got me to enjoy my music more than ever with convenience and variety…Frank Sinatra one second and Mick Jagger the next… ain’t technology great! Cheers!

2 Likes

Yes sir. I’m on there as well as a few others. It’s a sickness, I know. LOL

1 Like

Yeah the ritual is still fun for me . Roon has made it so I find so many new artists and I support them by buying the album and or cd. I’m also very impressed at the sound quality I have achieved with digital as well , it’s damn near perfect for me and on par with my vinyl rig.

2 Likes

Lol yes it is indeed , some good people on AK though.

1 Like

Bit of an update, I swapped speakers from some PMC Twenty5 22s, which I just didnt get on with, and I traded them against some KEF Reference 1’s. I am really pleased with them, I took a while moving them around before settling on the current position, but they are pretty tolerate in terms of positioning. I also re-measured the room, and had some new filters generated by Home Audio Fidelity which are loaded into HQ Player. The room measures pretty well, which I am also pleased about. Listening to loads of music.

17 Likes

Surprised to hear you didn’t get on with the PMC’s, but glad to hear your happy with the HAF filters. I’ve just implemented Thierry’s filters in my room and the SQ improvement is sublime :grin:

I would echo your thoughts on Home Audio Fidelity, Thierry is very helpful and he has been great with me, very pleased with his filters and service, highly recommended.

I wanted to like the PMCs, aesthetically, they were lovelly, but I could not get a sound I was happy with out of them, so when the KEFs came up, I took a risk and I am glad I did, they are amazing.