Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

my room is 10x15x8, so you’ve got a bit more space than i do. would love to have a couple more feet of width!

yes, the panels are from gik – can’t beat the price/value. the rack is from butcher block acoustics – i’m very happy with their products.

1 Like

KEF Reference 1 are my dreamed speakers! I started with Q700 then moved to apartment so I went with R300…next time I’ll get the Reference. How do you like them and why did you pick these? :slight_smile:

I’ve probably had mine for about twenty five years after ordering it back in the day when they had some sort of promotion going. Spent ages in a tube before I got around to mounting it…my friends tell me it’s very appropriate for my listening volumes! Lol

2 Likes

Any chance of still finding a copy of that…it’s classic!

https://www.amazon.com/Steve-Steigman-Blown-Print-Poster/dp/B000NI9WA8

2 Likes

7 Likes

Yes, there are some in a variety of sizes and your choice of framed or not available on Amazon.com

1 Like

MTV used to be sooo good “back in the day” …however today, it’s all junk!

But I really like the illustrated version of the original wasn’t an add for Maxell cassette tape?

1 Like
7 Likes

Henry,

Thank you so much for that clip!!! It sure brought back the memories of yesterday…

I really appreciate it!!!

Thanks again!!

1 Like

I actually went looking because I thought it was an advert for BASF, but you were right. It was Maxwell!

1 Like

Ah, the one time ubiquity of the cassette tape. Another vague memory.

What was BASF’s tag line?

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Twin large subs, does it make much difference in the sound?

Hello -

I think I have reach the point of diminished returns.

System

Bakoon Amp 13R
Bakoon DAC 21
Antipodes DX3
Sonore Signature Rendu SE
Sonore Optical Module
Pure Audio Design Project Trio 15 Voxativ Speakers
Curious Cable USB Evolve
Klee Audio Grand Illusion Speaker Cable
Audio Sensibility Signature Silver BNC Cables
Iso Acoustics Gaia II
Nighthawk 6 Stream Wifi Router
Add-Power Symphony Pro
Audio Vault Equipment Rack
E-bay sourced Linear Power Supply

14 Likes

I’m seeing more and more of these PADP speakers.

Good for jazz and acoustic?

Yes, very good for jazz and acoustic music among other genres.

Mixed up my Memorex and Larry’s Maxwell!

1 Like

Even the bad times sound good. Here’s the BASF Tape

3 Likes

Interested on how the Elysian are as well. I have been looking at Elysian 2’s as a long term goal. I will look to use with Audiolab 8300 Monoblocks. Any other suggestions with bang for buck.

1 Like

The monoblocks would be a lovey fit for them and would offer great synergy.

1 Like