Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

I wish I could enjoy headphones, heard a lot about those, but I’m deaf on the right side from a head injury in 1990. Would need to hold them next to my left ear to hear both sides.

1 Like

What’s the odd little decoration you have on top of your mantel right in the middle?

I noticed that also.

The photographer’s reflection?

:rofl:

2 Likes

Its me reflecting in the mirror!!

2 Likes

Jo,

I had the B&W 800’s and they respond very well to a set of Townshend Speaker stands. They have a custom size for the 800’s. Better cleaner bass and surprisingly more stability and projection in the mid/tweet.

Definitely worth investigating.

1 Like

Amongst graphic artists and photographers this is still seen today as an iconic image and reference piece for visual communication … Yes, I have this image. Nice! (grrr…without the Maxell tape reference)

1 Like

I think he knew that.

1 Like

Im looking at the man in the mirror… :notes:

2 Likes

I know it’s not me I’m behind the curtain :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I would die for a ‘listening room’ square or otherwise. My main system is in the living/family room, and rarely other than early morning or late at night do I get to listen. My wife (who is now working full time from home with no end in sight) seems intent in her down time to watch every fictional murder ever committed in Great Britain. :grin: I’ve always worked from home so thankfully I have a fairly nice setup in the office (Naim Unitiqute with Ls50’s) but it’s the basement and not a place to just lounge. I would reconsider if I were you.

3 Likes

A basement…oh lord how good that would be…

I have some money coming in January, so I might reconsider then. My former company (34 years) sends me a reimbursement for our annual health insurance premiums plus I have to take IRA minimum disbursements.

:rofl: :+1:

1 Like

Yep, same setup and situation here, but no basement. Thinking about adding a second story over the garage and laundry/mud room. That would be a 21 x 30 space. It’s nice to think about the possibility but I have to remodel the kitchen for my wife before she would let me do that.

1 Like

I have some B &W 800 D 2’s currently in my listening room/ theatre. The floor is concrete with carpet and underlay material under these speakers.
I’m still playing with positioning of the speakers so haven’t attached the factory supplied spikes yet.
With a concrete floor I was wondering if the community (and particularly you) can kick in and advise whether an isolation system such as Townshend would benefit my setup.
Thank you.

I had some Townshend isolation platforms under very large speakers. I was amazed how much more even the bass was with them and boom reduced. They could go much closer to boundaries too. Your mileage may vary.

Ours is a 1909 so the ceiling is tight, but just works. Here’s a shot of my work space (and daughter) - you can see one of the Ls50’s mounted to the post, the other on the other side mounted similar (though in a corner). Having all of that room behind the 50 makes it sound much nicer actually than when they were in the living room where it needed to be up against a wall (have Audio Physic Compact Classics there now). The Ls50’s are great near field speakers imo. The Unitiqute on the desk below the monitor on the right.

10 Likes

Back to all digital.

I did a few more things recently… Sold the Music Hall mmf-7.3 turntable and Schiit Mani to my oldest brother, drove 130 miles round trip to pick up an absolutely mint Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2 amplifier, installed taller shelf poles and cross braces for my Vulcan rack to make room for that huge amp, and removed all of the cabling coming from and going to the stack of cassette decks in the back of the room for now.

19 Likes