Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

I suppose you have all kinds of wood working equipment, etc. I have a hammer and screw driver, Phillips I think.

4 Likes

It’s a Basquiat fake from a conceptual fakes art show many moons ago. If it was the real thing, it could fetch a lot better speakers than the very good ones I have now… and a bigger house to go with them.

1 Like

So after a couple months on the waiting list, my SR1a + HSA-1b bundle finally came in.

This is my main headphone rig. I have the Bartok’s balanced line outs going to the HSA-1b, and then the HEDDPhones (which I’ve had since they were first released) are connected to the Bartok’s internal headphone amp. I’ve been slammed with work today, so haven’t really had but five minutes with the RAALs to make sure they were not DOA. But I will be rectifying that shortly…

7 Likes

That shows you what a luddite I am when it comes to art. I thought that was your kid’s drawing and doodles. I was impressed that your kids would be of the age of those toys and also know what riboflavin is.

Sheldon

3 Likes

7.2.4 setup using Emotiva gear, an RMC-1 prepro, two DR-1 monoblocks, a thirteen channel amplifier, two S10 subwoofers and a pair of Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Platinum Edition with 60" ribbon drivers and nine Definitive Technology speakers for the center, surrounds and Atmos.

12 Likes

Curious what you think about the RAALs. I have a similar setup with the Bartok and RAALs with the Schiit amp. Sadly, I have not had much time to listen lately because of work/family.

Old school and new school. Excellent! Just purchased my first Emotiva amp, a very lightly used XPA-2 Gen 2, and I already love the thing! Should have listened to my brother years ago. LOL

Bear in mind I’ve only got a few hours of listening time since they arrived yesterday. In general, I like them. I have the flaps at about the 45 degrees open mark. This seems to be a good compromise on the bass presence and the airiness/openness of them. But much more experimentation is required. But even as it is now, I will absolutely be keeping them. (I will still keep the HEDDs as well; I still like them a lot, too. They have more bass presence than the SR1a, so for some genres work better.)

Forgot to mention I also have the Meze Empyreans - similar story.

This is my music Room

Scheu Diamond with SME Arms
Pickups a few from Benz Micro , Koetsu and Ortofon
Goldnote Phono
Mytek DaC+
Belcanto Design s500
Magnepan 1.7
Mac Mini with MS Server 2019 and Roon
All Cable Analysis Plus

11 Likes

where is the close up pic of the thorens and that fab plinth?

If I came home with a pair of those Magnepan’s, my wife would divorce me. However, at age 72, that might be a reasonable trade.

6 Likes

You would only have one Magnepan after the divorce.

6 Likes

I could call it a Monopan.

4 Likes

I’m not married, but my Quads would become Duo?

1 Like

I know some people don’t have the option* but I’m pleased to see you’ve got them into the room so they can breathe properly

• but most speakers can be moved, so even with domestic compromises you can always bring ‘em out for a listen - and put them back after…

I’ve actually considered that with a pair of the new KEF LS50 II’s. Run them wirelessly so you only have to plug in the power.

I know I’m lucky as I have a dedicated room, but my Quads are 40% into the room (a square room, which is not great) but if we have a party* I just push them back - they’re on PTFE sliders and I’ve got tape on the floor to put them back

I see lots of great systems on here that must be hamstrung by speaker position

• oh, remember the good old days, when we could have parties? :weary:
11 Likes

I’ve got the original ones; managed to hide the cat6 under a divider in the floor - but still got that, the mains and the sub RCA. In my case I’d still have the mains and sub cable with the new ones

Twins? (10)

2 Likes