Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Wow, very nice, I bet you could give PS Audio room 1 a run for the money

I donā€™t know about that but I certainly enjoy the sound.

Roon streams from the Oppo UHD-205 using wi-fi from a Synology Disk Station core in another room. I do not have the Oppo hooked up using the USB port so it does not currently handle MQA directly. In the Oppo setup menu I have the SACD priority set to multi-channel. The effect is almost every song coming from Roon is played in 5.1 surround sound.

Some people donā€™t like having two channel audio processed into surround sound because at times this comes off is really badly, but with Roon it works very well. Almost all the time the effect is subtle, and instruments are well placed. Overall I really enjoy listening this way and for parties this large family room with a bar is nicely filled with sound.

Most of the equipment is easily identified in the photos. The rear speakers are in the ceiling and are Noble Fidelity L-85 (you can see one of them in the top corner of bar picture by wall). Great speakers that blend nicely with the Proac front speakers but unfortunately they are no longer made.

17 Likes

Hereā€™s another ā€œportableā€ system for use in a Rocky Mountain condominium where they store most of the following items in a 10-gallon plastic bin between my visits:

MacBook Pro running Roon Core that I bring with me
1119drag.propmo_0
AudioQuest Cobalt usb dac and Tower audio cable

Audioengine active speakers with AQ power and Zu speaker cables
unnamed3
M&K powered subwoofer

An iPad is useable as a Roon remote only over bluetooth in this building because of the way wi-fi is implemented.

3 Likes

Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeā€¦

1 Like

Hi again! Iā€™ve been away most of 2020, but thankfully Iā€™m well and going strong.

There have been two changes since my last post here:

I got another Chord to keep my Dave company. Turns out they became really good friends and sound great together. So great in fact that I rewarded Dave with a small shelf this Christmas :slight_smile:

The even bigger impact was changing preamp to the Grandinote Genesi. For someone who was in love with the Nagra VPA tube amps (me), Grandinote has more of everything. And just when I thought it couldnā€™t get better it did! :sparkler: This small Italian company really has its own way to get the music out of the material. Sources will change but I guess they will have to bury me with these amps. :sweat_smile:

The ā€œbefore versionā€: Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos

40 Likes

4 Likes

Then I hope and wish for you that it stays that way.

Great combination of your components. Congratulations. Your structure somehow reminds me of mine. The small shelf included :wink:

28 Likes

@StereJo
this is just BEE-YOU-TEA-FULL

1 Like

Your amps somehow reminds me of my Emotiva amp. In fact, I thought they were for about three tenths of a second! LOL

2 Likes

Nice rack and guitar. But what are the Crowns hooked up to @ivan_valencia1 ? :grin:

Some serious equalizing going on there - would you care to unveil the equalized speaker?
EDIT
Found them in posts 6461-6463ā€¦

Cool setups here!

My main listening place (rowen + NAD c368) is quite reduced:

Roon Rock on a Primemini i7, 16GB RAM.!
Music on a Synology NAS and with Tidal.

Different clients, 1xBluesound node, 3xFlex, 1xPulsemini, 1xPulse, 1xPowernode (PSBx1t, TV Room), NAD c368 with BluOS with Rowen S6.

Remotes: iPhone and iPad.

11 Likes

Yes, very similar idea. Iā€™m also a fan of lower furniture when trying to make things look more homely. Your setup looks great, and material wise we both have the hard and soft ā€“ stone and wood ā€“ but in opposite order.

1 Like

Add images

Been a long time user but recently changed my set up and itā€™s looking pretty sweet (imho) so I thought Iā€™d share it here. These are Buchardt Audio A700s. Theyā€™re hooked up to my Linn LP12 ans Linn Klimax but right here they were streaming Amazon Music HD from my iPhone so forgive me not showing them! Roon is on a NUC.

Iā€™ve come from a much moreā€¦ maximalist set up (Musical Fidelity kw500 and some Art Deco 10s) so Iā€™m enjoying the lighter footprint (and awesome sound) of these active wireless beauties.

16 Likes

Looks nice! I was eyeing the active stand mounts from Buchardt the A500 for my office. But covid got in the way and they also got heavily delayed (delivery in August) so I ended up deciding to use headphones only for now.

Have you also tried their hub or only been using Linn?

1 Like

Thanks! These were some of the first A700s to be delivered, as far as I know - I got them back in early December if memory serves and although they were delayed, it was slight compared to the A500s, I believe.

I stream via the Linn and also by Airplay to the Hub (e.g. Amazon Music). The Hub doesnā€™t have a wired connection and the Linn does, so I kinda prefer that. Roll on Roon certification for the Buchardts though - that will make me confront a difficult decision - whether to keep the Linn or not!

Mads Buchardt has also mentioned that an upgrade to the Hub may well be in the development pipeline, which would also permit a wired connection.

1 Like

Here is my previous setup: Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos

The only pieces iā€™ve kept are the LP12, Naim Fraim, Naim Stageline + HiCap.

Iā€™ve added the Dutch & Dutch 8c, Lumin U1 Mini and MiniDSP SHD.

Once the speakers are Roon certified I hope to sell the Lumin and the MiniDSP.

20 Likes

Are those Ohm Fā€™s the same Ohm Fā€™s they were selling in the 70ā€™s?

hi john. no. these are the f5015ā€™s, as described on their website:

fwiw iā€™m absolutely loving them. (speakers iā€™ve previously owned: martin-logan sequal II, b&w 801-III, apogee diva, emerald physics cs1.3)

1 Like