Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Very clean, nice!

1 Like

Please tell us about the artwork…

1 Like

Small update. Installed iPad Pro in a new mount to allow easy transition from landscape to portrait view. Some apps do not support landscape. And this was a slight frustration using the iPad. Now things are much better

10 Likes

Well, we bought it from friends in S Africa who’s a gallery owner, while we were on holiday there years ago - the artist paid his rent to them in paintings and we were lucky enough to persuade them to let this one come to a new home :grin:

3 Likes

Stunning looking setup

1 Like

This artwork looks really awesome. A verry good deal thumbs-up

My office setup, sadly no art.

Core runs on an M1 Mini, wired.

Office:
wifi -> Mac -> USB -> Audiolab M-DAC -> Adam 7x’s.
Its an old dac and limited to 24/96 via USB, though I ordered a nifty little usb->spdif adapter that will do 24/192.

Kitchen:
wifi -> Pi3 -> HifiBerry HD HAT -> Audio Engine A5+'s

Living Room: **
wired -> Pi4 -> USB -> Topping D90 MQA -> Purifi Eval-1 Amplifier -> Monitor Audio Silver 300s

A handful of HomePod mini’s, in other rooms for podcasts / children’s music but not real listening.

** Built the amp, waiting for the speakers to be delivered, photos when they arrive.

12 Likes

What is the screen and webcam reference?

Awsome your listing room
Michael

Screen is the best value for money 4K monitor with USB C I could find. Lovely having a single cable do everything into the Mac. Both my wife and I use these.

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27UK850-W-4k-uhd-led-monitor

Cam is a logitech, lovely wide angle and great picture but the mic could be better.

1 Like

I also use the C930e 1080p webcam. Works very nicely (better than my laptop camera). For mic, I use a Blue Yeti Nano (not my picture).

1 Like

Wow, this is where i would spend my money on atvthe moment … for now a bit stuck on my “old” set up what thrills too. You made excellent choices

1 Like

Added the DALI Epicon 8 speakers. It may be a while before any new components show up in my system.

42 Likes

Beautiful. I love those treatments on the walls. Saw them in a demo room a few years back and have been a fan ever since. Well done!

1 Like

My Husband John says these are the last speakers he is going to purchase. Somehow, I don’t believe him.

11 Likes

As promised I finally set up my LS 50Wll.
Waiting for full Roon certification but Roon functional through inbuilt chromecast and airplay. The vid is streaming directly from Tidal. Mighty fine from what is an audiophile worthy alexa type device. Plenty powerful too.
https://youtu.be/HlvMOkyDCqU

5 Likes

He hasn’t told you about the five year plan?

Well known that after five years speakers don’t sound good anymore. At least that’s what I’ve been trying to convince my wife.

4 Likes

This year, perhaps… :wink:

1 Like

Here is my system not a lot of components reallly

Dual Xeon E5-2684v3 server around the corner serving Roon

Kii Three BXT system in the lounge with Audio-gd DI-HE feeding it via AES-EBU or Kii Control

Various JCAT USB and NET cards used

Regards Andrew

22 Likes

Creating a third system using „left overs“: Core on Mac Mini (end 2014)
Roon endpoint is a Google Chromecast Audio into a Fostex HP A3 DAC into a Yamaha MG10XU as preamp into a Behringer A800 power amp into a pair of Linn Keilidh.
Sounds not as bad as it looks.

8 Likes