Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

True.

I just meant compared to all the stunning setups I’ve browsed through above.

So many clean and slick looking listening rooms.

1 Like

PS Audio P5
ROCK on NUC7i7DNHE in Akasa Plato X7D case
PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC
PS Audio M700 monoblocks
KEF Q900 speakers (soon to be replaced by Ohm Walsh SSC-4900s)

7 Likes

I bought a sound bar so that we could tidy up cables , alas the serpents nest continues…

I am almost at the stage of headphones in my iPad to get wireless

:joy:

Only almost …

Mike

So many have been “at” hi for years after mega bucks of investment (?)

What’s the KISS principal

Yeah, tidying up: that’s why I went the Devialet route. One box, that’s it. Now I am trying to sell off DAC/pre-amp/power amp :grin:

KISS Keep it simple… Stupld…

I was being polite for once !!

1 Like

Rock solid Naim system … I’m sure it sounds fantastic

1 Like

Replaced Allo USBridge and Arcam IrDac ii in 2nd system for a 4 month old Bluesound Node 2 that was going for a steal. Simplicity, stability and flexibility. Very happy. Now I just need to stop uograding for quite sometime and enjoy it all.

6 Likes

Yes! It Sounds really awesome!:slight_smile:

which speakers are those (i assume they’re powered), and are you using the Node for volume control (preamp) as well?

is it possible the speaker “stands” are (purposefully) backwards?

QAcoustics BT3 for the speakers, Node 2 is fixed volume as they take line level in as they are pre/power combo so I would be adjusting 2 volumes. As I use a Roon extension for my Harmony it controls the volume via Roon. As for the stands they are not stands, they are isolation foams designed for Studio monitors, so are little large for these speakers but do a great job of controlling bass bloom couldn’t find anything smaller. They have two layers that can be separated so you can angle them down or have straight, I have them down as the unit is higher than listening level.

2 Likes

Just got the version 1 ATC SCM 19s for a trial. Super smooth speakers, compared to my ATC SCM 11s, better bass, but most of all, they are not as edgy in the highs as the SCM 11s. Wonderful speakers, heavy beasts, but just super. Makes my decision whether to switch to Harbeth a lot more difficult :grinning:.

3 Likes

do they work well that close to the wall?

They are closed speakers, so no bass port facing the wall

1 Like

I updated my system. What begun with “Hey, I’m gonna replace my 25 year old stereo system” almost a year ago climaxed in replacing the last remaining piece of gear.
I bought a PS Audio DirectStream (DS) DAC on eBay for a very reasonable (cough) price. It’s replacing my ARCAM FMJ D-33 (which I love). I was skeptical, as I was wondering if/how that sound of my system could be any better (the most “limiting” factor is clearly the space around the loudspeakers, I therefore have a near field scenario with my little ATC monitors in our living room). Today the DS got delivered and I had the chance to hook it up immediately.
And yes, it can be better - and it is better. And it just started to warm up… (4 hours playing now).
I also removed the Mutec MC3+ USB (USB re-clocking and converting to AES/EBU), so the SOtM is now feeding the DS via USB directly.
The DS DAC has the Bridge II installed, but I first want to hear the system in the most identical setup (nothing has changed except the Mutec is out of the game now).
I’m happy and just wanted to share this with you. I’m super excited about all the hours to come to listen to known and unknown music - in a way that is beyond my best hopes. There are not so many people around me that understand what’s going on here :wink: (In fact just three of my friends somehow can relate to what I’m into, but all from different angles).

20 Likes

“little monitors” ahem!
https://totemacoustic.com/en/kin-mini/specifications
That’s little :grin:

3 Likes

Hey! Those are pretty good little speakers actually. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please tell if or how the sound is changing when you play with the inbuilt bridge II. The comparison to the SOtM would be interesting …

1 Like

The totems are amazing.