Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04 .. 2021-09]

No mac mini here (that’s my other setup :slight_smile:).

Slightly odd signal chain for Roon goes this way (at least for now) …

Rpi 4 / Allo DigiOne → Echo Link → Rane Seventy Two Mk2 → Emotiva BasX A4 (4ch power amp) → Klipsch RP-8060FA’s

Weird right? Why am I using Dolby Atmos speakers? The up-firing speakers in the Klipsch’s are the DJ booth monitors. While the main big ones fill the room. The DJ mixer has separate volume controls for each one. It works amazingly well. As far as I know I’m the only one using them this way!

Ah, I guess I was commenting on the picture further up the thread. But anyhow, with the MP2015 Rane are one of the few, serious analog pro-audio manufacturers left standing.

Ah, some else’s setup. Makes sense!

Yeah the Rane is ace, lots of fun, it’s only analog IO (with 24 bit/48khz converters) and it feeds a 4ch power amp, so really wasn’t going to overkill the Roon DAC!

I’ll save a post with my other setup with much better DAC and a Mac mini for later!

Been at it again… Simplified the system, removed a couple of amplifiers and DSP/crossover, changed speakers again, and purchased a Sony Blu-ray player…

21 Likes

definitive setup

27 Likes

Under the cabinet you can see a laptop tray with apple magic keyboard and mouse. I can control the usb cd drive/iTunes via my phone but everything else needs to use the keyboard and mouse.
I just leave it on an Roon running so I can use and iPad or phone to control Roon quickly when I want abs mess about.

With the TV cable hidden in the wall you’d be in room rater heaven :wink: 9/10

Great clean room. Proportions, color matching, just stylish.

Dear Phil, there is very little to be read about the CA Edge NQ, in particular in comparison to other similar systems from Goldnote, NAD etc (streamer, dac, pre for ~4000-5000€). I have owned the NQ for a year and I am very happy with it. How would you compare it or can you point me to any write up? Cheers

Thanks David for your replay.
I’m owning a Dynaudio Confidence C1 and I was wondering how the M33 would go together. I’m especially interested in Dirac in the M33. I feel, that room correction is the biggest potential step up for me, if Dirac can hold what it’s promising.

Great room. What’s the tall thin “antenna” looking thing on the right?

Philips Hue Lamp

Octave v110
Blumenhofer Tempesta 20
Auralic Altair G1
Burson Audio Soloist SL
Denon AH-D7200 / Grado RS2e
Denon DCD 1520 AE (not in use :slight_smile: )
Cables: JKE hifi
Roon Core: Lenovo ThinkCentre M720Q Tiny

25 Likes

I really love all the minimalist style systems we are seeing posted of late, so clean and neat.

Unfortunately way too much junk and clutter in my house for any of my systems to ever end up looking that nice!

I will console myself with the fact that at least mine sound stunning…lol, even if they might not look it.

Keep them coming folks!

6 Likes

A more recent picture of my setup. Still plan to move the Byston 4B SST2 away from current location (front of center speaker). Some more cable management in addition to remove the ugly white cable router. Also aim to put spotlights in the ceiling so I can remove the lights on each side of the coach.

Front speakers: B&W 802 D3
Center speaker: B&W HTM1 D3
Wide speakers: B&W 805 D2
Surround speakers: B&W 803 D2
Surround rear speakers: B&W SCMS
Ceiling speakers: Piega AP 1.2
Front subs: Paradigm Person Sub
Rear subs: B&W DB1
The brain (aka processor): Trinnov Altitude 32 (Roon Ready)
Amplifiers: Trinnov Altitude8, Trinnov Altitude8M, Bryston 4B SST2
Sources: Apple TV 4K, OSMC Vero 4K+, Oppo UDP 203, Android based Cable-box and of course Roon
Screen: LG OLED CX 77"
Other: Philips Hue HDMI Sync box + Philips Hue Gradient Lightstrip (all lights Philips Hue).

30 Likes

Your speaker setup is insane fella, in a good way. Not sure it’d ever quite be for me but I do like.

5 Likes

It’s definitely noticeable improvement but it’s very hard to control the sound, for me it’s a bit bright but still better that not using it. The best thing is that it’s very easy to AB test because you can’t turn it on or off at the flick of a switch. My problem is I want to tweak the sound and I simply don’t know how to really work with the curves to effect it. You can work with professionals like Terry Ellis at pursuit perfect system to properly set it up with different curves. I’m hoping to do this early next month so I’ll post on here afterwards.

Sometimes, you just do what you have to. Just settled in at the mother-in-law’s for two weeks. So, internet via Verizon wireless and iPad Mini 4. Music via Audirvana Studio on Dell XPS 15. Sound via Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier, Focal Clear headphones, and Moon Black Dragon cable.

16 Likes

Why would anyone do this voluntary? :scream:

3 Likes

You are lucky, my mother in law (passed away now) was a nightmare - my wife shares this view by the way :slight_smile: She tried to create conflict regardless. While I were on work related trips, she called my wife and stated that I were most likely fooling around with colleagues, same when I were out with friends. Think of mother-in-law from hell and multiply this by 10.

2 Likes

Swapped out a power cable this morning…

8 Likes