Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04 .. 2021-09]

Roon Rock NUC10i7/16gb/500gb/4tb ssd
direct via usb and/or
Bluesound 2i as end point ( under personal review which sounds best)
Chord Hugo 2
Benchmark AHB2
Quad ESL 2905
Sennheiser HD800 ( and HD6xx)

23 Likes

Love the Quads!

2 Likes

The weather wasn’t exactly ideal for outdoor patio going here in Seattle, but when it is, I’l be ready.
Ikea Eneby with its internal rechargeable battery and a Chromecast puck powered by a usb battery pack.

21 Likes

Very nifty!
I like it.

Very nice. Those Ikea speakers are much better than they should be for the price.

MacMini (core)>Allo/Ropieee (endpoint)>Schiit Gungnir>Hegel H360 (mainly)or WillsentonR8>Dynaudio Focus 340.

28 Likes

Nice setup and maybe even a better choice of beer :wink:

3 Likes

Nice tweak. But maybe … there would be a way to tap battery juice from inside and also move the chromecast dongle in there? :wink:

That is one hell of a setup. Your neighbours must hate you. i’d love to watch a movie in there though.

1 Like

There may be…but desoldering a board and trying to decipher what’s going on is not for me. My eyes are way to old to take tiny surface mount parts off.

Love the Rothko touches. :slight_smile:
Plays well with classic jazz.

1 Like

Found a fixit tear down. Nah, you did just right :slight_smile:

Actually that is the point of good equipment - no need to play insanely loud. I’m maximum at 80dB, normal music and TV watching at 60dB. So never a complaint from any of the neighbours during the last 15 years.

4 Likes

Thankyou, the minimalism is rather fitting :slight_smile:

My current headphone setup:

• Pi4 with RoPieeeXL
  • RME ADI-2 DAC FS
  • Meze 99 Classics (with Brainwavz Hybrid pads)
  • Hifiman Sundara (with Dekoni Elite Hybrid pads)

I‘m very happy with this!

18 Likes

My rack em and stack em system. One of the 6 systems in my house. Dirac room corrected.

Rega, Belles,Musical Fidelity and Nad amps. Chord,RME dacs.

Kef,Klipsch,Tekton ,Elac Carina speakers. I mix and match ,

Klipsch for Electronica and hard rock, Tekton for soft rock, jazz ,acoustic. Kef’s for vocals, Elac when i’m tire of the others and want a smooth ribbon tweeter. Kef Subwoofer for the Kefs.

Oh behind all this are Auralic Femto and Mini streamers.

The monkey pics were my wife’s idea.

15 Likes

@davidh Six systems!! You might be the mix and match master of all time :laughing:. Happy listening.

I’ll take pics of the rest . Yeah I’m a little crazy

3 Likes

I like how one of the six systems is actually four systems :heart:

3 Likes

While my desk is clean for 3 minutes.

22 Likes