Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04 .. 2021-09]

…And the 33/303 sounds far far better than the reputation would suggest. It’s nicely mellow and slightly rich but with enough detail to keep things interesting. Perfect for a smallish English living room. My Crofts are zingier but make a nice change now and then.

1 Like

Finaly summer is here. Getting out my garden gear.
Fiio X5 3rd, B&W PX7, China made cable.

11 Likes

i had good results driving LS50s with a Quad VA-One+ integrated, albeit in a smallish room.

1 Like

And the Fiio and the headphones and the camera (or the phone) you took the photo with and probably the desk too! :innocent:

1 Like

Your right. Table I am not sure (Ikea):grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

An anecdote, I took my 405 in to Huntingdon for repair and upgrade to 405 II , since it was doing nothing I had my 33 serviced,

It I picked it up they had replaced the little brown QUAD light . I commented , the reply was “it wouldn’t have been restored to original spec if we hadn’t !!” That’s QUAD

Ooooh I miss my ESL’s

I had used alcohol once to clean it and the brown “stuff” wiped off OOPS :sunglasses:

3 Likes

pretty; pretty turntable too.

1 Like

Here is an update to my office system:

Roon Nucleus > dCS Bartok + HP amp > MySphere 3.2 [OR] Raal Requisite HS1b > SR728 cable > SR1a “earfield monitors” - streaming Tidal and Qobuz with Roon

37 Likes

getting there: roon endpoint (mac mini), line magnetic 502CA dac, line magnetic AS-125 integrated amplifier, omega super alnico high output XRS speakers, omega 10" subwoofers. duelund cabling, equi=core and deep=core power conditioning.

awaiting the arrival of the line magnetic AS-133 preamp and AS-123 tube buffer.

tube heaven.!

35 Likes

What a great and absolut lovely headphone-setup with two of the best - well done :+1:t2:
Only a Stax is missing… :wink:

atb, Tom

My friend’s setup: Chord, Naim and Lumin, Roon on Nucleus +.
Sounds fantastic. :dizzy: :musical_score: :mage:

25 Likes

Actually, had a Stax SR009 with BHSE. Loved it, but only had limited space.

2 Likes

I would love that too - my 009 plays with AudioValve Solaris :grinning:

atb, Tom

TEAC UD-501 DAC, running to a Schiit Sys passive switch. First out is a pair of Edifier powered speakers, while the second goes through the black preamp (such a good knob) to the Adcom GFA-535II. Adcom runs to a speaker switcher that has outs to a Stax SRD-7 transformer, modded for Pro Bias, that drives the Stax SR-202s, and the second out goes to a speaker tap that drives the Hifiman Anandas.

i just got the amp today and so far I like it. The Anandas sound lush on the tap - need to see about borrowing some Audeze cans to try with it as well.

11 Likes

Innous Zenith mk3 → Chord 2go+Hugo2 → Musical Fidelity kw250s → Dynaudio Contour 30 :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

Sorry for the less than sharp photo! It enlarges if you click it, then click it again.

I have the Core running on a QNAP in the room behind the system. Ethernet to the rack and media converters insert a fiber optic break just before entering the streamer.

AURALiC VEGA G2 streamer/DAC with LEO GX master clock. The VEGA acts as preamp/volume control. Two sets of amplification: one is a Dennis Had built Inspire LP-2 preamp/KT-150 Single Ended Pentode amp running at ~5wpc (no website), the other a pair of AURALiC MERAK 200wpc solid state monos.

Each of the amps runs speaker out to a high quality DIY speaker level switch (just to the right of the middle on the top). Speakers are custom by Louis Conchos of Omega Loudspeakers. Super Alnico High Output Monitors on top and Rythmik 8" powered woofers below in matching cabinets.

Misc: the TV is LG OLED 55CX. Rack is highly modified IKEA, IVAR system shelving.

19 Likes

Some Tara Labs speaker cables to go along with the Tara Labs power cable.

11 Likes

Hey Wayne, great ‘final’(?) system.
I’ve had a similar journey re the downsizing of equipment after many years of heavy ‘boxes’, as good as they were. Just needed to simplify my life, room and sources etc.

I also now have an M33 and love the clarity, precision and feature set. I’ve coupled it up with my Oppo, a Rega P6, Ortofon Quintet Bronze and GoldenEar Triton Ones (sitting on Gaia IIs). I’ve just signed up for a Roon trial and have set up Roon Server on an external SSD via usb to an old Samsung laptop which runs nothing else and is out back in the shed - runs like a dream now that I sorted the vpn issue with good advice from this community.

Some pics below, not as flash looking as others but photography is definitely not my skill set.

11 Likes

Good idea to use an existing PC for the trial. If you like Roon, then you can leave as it is or invest in something else.

1 Like

So far, so good. It’s a 12 year old machine with 6Gb of ram, the core is on the external ssd and at present I’m only running about 25,000 files with Qobuz added in. It seems to be handling basic DSP functions well.