Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04 .. 2021-09]

The V10 is brand new. I replaced a Rega Fono MC which I now realize is a damn fine phono pre for the price. The V10 is sharper in separation of instruments and overall clarity, but not 3x as much, the $ difference in MSRPs. Of course, the V10 is far from broken in yet.

2 Likes

I guess the main detail about my system is how amazing the H390 is. Anyone looking for an integrated amp/streamer in this price range needs to investigate one.

3 Likes

Welcome John. H390 and Contour 30s here also - great synergy :sunglasses:.

2 Likes

Agreed. I can’t believe how happy I am with the sound of this system. I’m actually a bit disappointed because I really can’t justify any more purchases. Not saying I won’t try, but………

3 Likes

Lumin T2 - that completes the setup wonderfully!

2 Likes

A little over a year ago I was trying to decide on a new integrated… I was contemplating the H390, but I just couldn’t justify the cost at the time. So I dialed back my expectations and got a Parasound HINT6, which was about half the price of the H390.

I think both amps are great, but in the grand scheme of things, I wish I would have gotten the H390. I still could sell the Parasound and get the Hegel with not too much of a hit. I have other streaming options, but I guess I’m waiting for official roon-readiness on the Hegel.

Part of me doesn’t want to reward them until they get that sorted. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I won’t argue with you there. If you promise something “ soon” to your several thousand $ customers, years are not soon.

Don’t want to agree, but……. Step up vs the Roon Nuc?

Haven’t done a comparison, but I would bet serious money on it. The T2 is a phenomenal piece of gear, and sounds sublime via XLR to the H390. The H390’s DAC is pretty good, but the T2’s is a step up in SQ and it throws an amazing 3D soundstage with the right material. Sure, it’s not cheap but I have never regretted buying it for a second.

1 Like

Think it will soon be time for a new double wide rack and some serious reorganizing!
Back to two TT…lol.

17 Likes

Hey cool system, I love Genelecs too.
Is there a way to bypass the internal dac on yours to avoid double dacing?
I have a pair of 8240s connected to my dac preamp and enjoy the sound despite having two dacs in a row. Curious if I can avoid this with another pair, was considering downgrading to an analog pair.

Did you solve?
I had the same error, but I solve it creating a new user (not administrator) specific for roon. In this case it works perfectly.

Off topic, but I had the same issue.
And I realized, that since Roon Version 1.7 (build 521) it stoped to recognize special charachters in passwords to network folders. Such as #, @, $
I didn’t check if any changes regarding this since then.

So I use relatively “simple” passwords for NAS shares - lower and upper characters and digits.

I had this problem, fixed by deleting the storage locations, restart roon core & then add the storage locations again.

Genelec themselves recommend RME ADI-2 PRO, which features AES3 output via the included breakout adapter cable. Includes remote volume control. This avoids double D-to-A (with A-to-D in the middle).

Some Genelec models also support their own wireless remote volume control but not sure if yours would work:

1 Like

Not one but two TT’s??? I guess you like to punish yourself…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Nice setup!

2 Likes

TT Changer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Trying to come up with a smarty-pants wisecrack reply but…

You are probably right :joy:

2 Likes

Wow, that’s hugely helpful.
I’ll check out tonight.
Many thanks!

1 Like

Well you certainly made me laugh this morning! When I think back to my TT days and how much time it actually takes to cue up even one track then how quick I can select a track/change from my iPad and I let out a hardy laugh!

To me, at almost 70 yrs on this pale blue orb, it’s simply not worth the time investment! I will be a digital Roonie until I can no longer move my fingers…

6 Likes