Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04 .. 2021-09]

thank you. we get a lot of pleasure from it.

indeed. we store the most precious software together.

16 Likes

thank you. they don’t get played as often as I’d like, thanks to our little fwend, who’s a leaper and a bounder.

8 Likes

Why I’m not surprised :wink:
Just kidding: some names never heard – Sibelius, Carmen

Merci!

1 Like

Devialet O d’A
MBL 101 E MKII
McIntosh MHA 150 Headphone Amp
Focal Clear

40 Likes

Beautiful, gorgeous 'Phones…for sure!!!..but seem a little heavy. Hopefully they sound so good you forget about the weight!

That would be my one minor complaint, they certainly are heavy and I cannot recommend for all day sessions.
I use late at night for one or two albums and they are fine at that.
For longer sessions ( which is very uncommon tbh) , the Sendy Audio Avia Planars are in play, still a fantastic headphone at a bargain price imho.

1 Like

What a dream speakers.
And such a nice ambience.

2 Likes

Well that sounds like a perfect application for them…it’s pretty kewl that they are one-off design because of the wood shells…certainly are beautiful!!!

Never heard of the Sendy Planars before …looks like a good design! Even these get a good-wood treatment…the ones I saw online anyway…I have a pair of Senn’s 800S and a pair of Dan Clark AFC’s for late night listening. I walk my dog 3 miles daily and have been using Apple’s Air Pod Max…Being wireless is truly wonderful especially for portable 'phones.

Any more Trophies from your cats this AM?

What happened to the Laughing Gnome avatar?

Yes the Avias have a really nice finish and super build quality…oh and they sound good to…:joy:.

I think every set of ZMF are hand made so all slightly different cuts of wood so all are basically one off designs as no two sets will be identical.

No more presents from cats…yet.

Have to keep you lot on your toes regards to avatar!

Watch that space!!:wink:

1 Like

Very clean/nice digital setup. Great shot as well. Simple…yet a lot. What’s the size of that room?

1 Like

Fantastic system.

1 Like

Thanks! The room is big (85 sqm) and wide, hence the choice of “Radialstrahler”

Very good. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I can’t stop. Make another change. Replace my two month’s old Kinki M7 with Parasound JC5. It’s my most satisfying upgrade. Immediacy is the word. Everything sounded so life-like.

7 Likes

It’s nice to have a change. DAC & Amp upgrade for me is next. Chord Hugo TT to Chord Dave and NAP 200DR to (Avondale NCC300) inners upgrade. Should be as good as a NAP500😁

1 Like

I like that very much, because a good sound also includes a good picture. So much information in Roon and k(l)eine (= german for no or little) displays are not convincing. In the end, even a TV can make up for a lot.

Moved into a house and finally get a dedicated listening space. It is great to have my gear together and out of the living room! I still need to add room treatments, but that has to wait.

Speakers:
Tekton Double Impact (stereo)
KEF LS50 (multichannel rears)
KEF P8 subwoofer (halfway along the long wall for more even bass)

Turntables:

1. Pro-Ject 6 perspeX w/ Sumiko BPS Evo III
  2. Pro-Ject 1Xpression III w/ Ortofon 2M Black
  3. Dual 721 w/ Ortofon 2M Bronze

Phono preamps:

1. Lounge LCR MKIII w/ Parks Audio Puffin in-line (selectable via splitter)
  2. Pro-Ject Phono Box
  3. internal preamp in the Parasound Halo Integrated

CD players:
Yamaha CD-N500
Denon DCD-1015
Rotel RCD-930AX

Digital streaming:
Roon Nucleus+ with USB and HDMI out to
Oppo UDP-205 then balanced and unbalanced out to
Parasound Halo Integrated (for stereo)
or HT Bypass to
Denon AVR-3805 and Harman Kardon Citation 7.1 amplifier (for multichannel)

This is the second system:

Tetra Manhattan speakers
NAD D3020 hidden with the books and being fed Roon via an old Apple TV using only Toslink

25 Likes

Fantastic gear and setup.

Why stop at one turntable when you can have three!

I’m getting old as I’m down to just four turntables right now.

2 Likes

Oh just noticed in second system you have the Nad 3020.
I use mine stood upright too as I had just three inch of space left between the PS3 and the turntable in second system without having to seriously rearrange gear.
What a fantastic idea and not a bad little unit at all.
2x25w is a bit low but paired with some relatively efficient bookshelf speakers it copes just fine.