Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04 .. 2021-09]

An update of my setup i posted in the previous thread:
Powercables Nanotec #308 PC-Triple C copper with Iego copper-rodium connectors (nanoPWR 308)
1 x Purecable nanoPWR 309 powercable (used on the DAC)
Purecable 8-x Nano Block with iFi AC iPurifier
Synology DS212+ NAS
SOtM sNH-10G switch with sCLK-EX with sPS-500 PS
Intel NUC8i7BEH with iFi DC iPurifier2 in the PS
Purecable netHQ V2 networkcables (3x)
SOtM sMS-200Ultra Neo with sPS-500 PS
Tubulus Argentus USB V2 cable
Holo Audio MAY Kitsune DAC
Purecable linkMSTR XLR interlink
Holo Audio Serene Kitsune preamp
Purecable linkMSTR RCA interlink
Kinki Studio EX-B7 mono power-amps
Purecable speakerMTSR speakercable
Tasker C128 XLR interlink (bass-active HRS80)
Xanadu HRS80 loudspeakers with IsoAcoustic GAIA II

22 Likes

Roon Ready?

1 Like

Stick a Chromecast Audio puck in its aux input and it is!

3 Likes

I absolutely recommend you buy one of the STS R2R recordings. 15ips. 10.5"
They sound superb. You can get NAB or CCIR equalisation depending on how yours are set up.

7 Likes

From memory it was fairly easy to convert 7.5ips max speed r2r to 15ips by just a pulley change or similar?
Pretty sure that is what I was told when I was investigating a couple years back.

So meaning this should not put anybody off who only has a 7.5ips machine as it can be changed fairly easily and cheaply

Romper Roon Ready .

3 Likes

:sweat_smile:

Thank you for the smile.

That’s beautiful man … I really have to pay a visit to the Xanadu store some time soon (esp. since I live about 10 minutes away).

1 Like

I was searching far and wide for a combined streamer / Dac that’s roon ready, plays native dsd, high Rez pcm, allows control of upsampling, full MQA, has balanced outputs, remote control, streaming not via a removable card, wireless and wired, and an onboard power supply. The Cary checked all the boxes a year ago. There are probably other options at this point, but favorites like the PS Audio direct stream didn’t meet all my requirements. I have not looked back, the Cary is rock solid and sounds great.

1 Like

I’d put Lumin T2 in that bracket, but it doesn’t do wifi (which is probably a good thing for Roon).

2 Likes

i have a Gold Note DS 10 on the way (already own the PH 10 phono stage), but it’s taking a very long time to get here from Italy.

2 Likes

Replaced the cheap USB cable with a short 1’ Pangea cable. Also purchased a cheap red power cable to go along with the blue one I’ve had laying around for a few years.

The USB cable is meant as an upgrade obviously, but the power cables are just for looks and better cable management since the back of the stack is right out in the open for everyone to see.

16 Likes

Updated setup

29 Likes

@anon11710408 @MLJones Yes! An SP3 (Onix, silver) was my amp for a decade. It’s sitting still now, waiting to be put into a second system, but I shall never part with that little beast. It’s the best buy I ever made in audio.

2 Likes

Please give us a gear list. Don’t make us squint! :wink:

2 Likes

In his profile :wink:

1 Like

2 x 100lbs of solid German oak. Looks good. Sounds good. A bit of cable management left, but otherwise done. For the year… :wink:

35 Likes

Famous last words…:innocent:

Looking very good I must admit!

5 Likes

But the year is still so young :laughing: love those oak blocks though, looks great!

4 Likes

Wunderbar. Prima!

1 Like