Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04 .. 2021-09]

Nice setup! :heart_eyes:
About the ISOacoustics stands. Are you happy with those?

1 Like

They look nice. And they raise the KEFs that last little bit. :smiley:

I have got suspended flooring (oak) – the rationale is that these may help a bit with vibrations. I think they’re fine – though I have not had any life-changing experiences yet. It all sounds rather eh… glorious.

2 Likes

Reverse Polarity…Ren’e…You put 100 pounds on the bottom of your speakers …I put 100 pounds on top of my speakers…;-).

However your 100 lbs looks way better than my 100 lbs…

6 Likes

I love that Rene. Nothing like solid wood!

Just out of interest, I can see that the wooden plinths sit off of the floor slightly. What have you got on the bottom of them?

and a new picture?!

1 Like

They got felt feet – makes it a bit easier to move them around while positioning. I may remove them over time, but for now I’m good.

The orange/green painting had to move to the opposite wall to make room for a brilliant production of a talented, budding local artist that we recently came in possession of (read: my 9 y/o daughter who had an artist workshop at school).

It was so nice that we had to have it framed – and of course it needed to take the primary spot. I recognise that I may be slightly biased here, but hey – isn’t that what this hobby is all about? :smiley:

5 Likes

Thanks! You know Age the owner of Xanadu?

This sounds fantastic.

ADAM A5x’s + sub

Weiss 501

TV - optical
Chromecast Audio (Spotify) optical to coax converter
Qobuz - wifi - Old Macbook as Roon core

I tweak / finess my system eq via another Macbook connected to the 501 via USB running Qobuz and Fabfilter paramtric eq. I then enter these eq numbers into Roon’s DSP parametric. (This works better than tweaking Roon DSP as there is always a drop out while tweaking with Roon’s eq). I spent a lot of time getting the sub paramiters just how I like them too.

The angle up from the floor on thr Adam’s works fine.

I think some older audiofiles might concider looking at compensatory eq to make up for inevitable age related hearing loss. A ‘Flat’ system sound might be good for someone in their 20’s & 30’s - but after that to ‘hear’ flat you are going to need some degree of high frequency boost.

8 Likes

I love the cabinet. Looks purpose built for the size and color of your components.

Thank you, the box is indeed made especially for the audio stuff :smiley:

Better than a 100lb on your waistline :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Servers:

• Roon Rock/Mock, running on a Series 4 Nuc or
  • HP Elite 800 G5, running Roon server

In room:
Pi2aes Hat/RPi4 > RME ADI 2 DAC > Nelson First Watt F7 > Vintage Phillips with updated Vifa 80’s woofers. Small Lenovo LCD for Roon preview via Chromecast.

44 Likes

Current ‘full Buchardt’ setup.

32 Likes

where is the turntable?

2 Likes

Nice Hans J. Wegner-chair!

1 Like

I have a Thorens TD160 in primo condition, sitting in another room. The TT isn’t connected as I don’t have a decent phono stage or preamp atm.

The room is on the second level, and suffers from floor bounce which makes vinyl listening difficult without a wall bracket.

These days I have all but gravitated away from vinyl, preferring digital so I haven’t remedied the situation.

3 Likes

Minor “firmware” updates…

17 Likes

My woofer box

6 Likes

Very clean and minimalistic setup: KEF LS 50 II, Auralic Aries G2.1, Roon Nucleus

46 Likes

Love the way you have those tape reels in perfect alignment! :+1: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

such a beautiful and sexy tape deck.

1 Like