Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04 .. 2021-09]

That’s a Pioneer RT-909… Just an FYI.

I used to own an RT 707, and have always loved the silver seventies pioneer era.

1 Like

But there’s no tape :joy:

2 Likes

High WAF ratings :sunglasses:

1 Like

He may need to hide the two remaining cables :wink:

It’s a ploy, wifey will point this out and he’ll get big brownie points for fixing it . VERY clever thinking !:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

:smile:

I don’t like to keep the tape out.

2 Likes

I have an RT-707 also.

1 Like

I had a Revox A77 for many years, big reels look so cool

1 Like

Main setup…

28 Likes

You failed to mention you had the big Technics deck as well!

1 Like

Looks like REEL HiFi :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Do you still have tape content , mine went years ago , followed later by my cassettes. I went from Reels to Nakamichi . I had 3 Naks 610,582 the CR7e they were pretty wonderful too

1 Like

Yes, but was not the motivation :sunglasses:

The essence of “mission control.”
:smile:

That kind of comment is what gets us all goofball audiophools accused of being so weird…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But I totally agree!!!

1 Like

I had a Nak 700 …I though it was the trickest mechanical device I ever owned…even adjusting the head while playing to make sure the head was tracking the tape path correctly. Loved that thing!

Of like most audio toys…I always wished I had the cash for the 1000…TOTL! But in later years I did finally get my R2R Tandberg…

Loved that thing!

9 Likes

The RPi4 and display + OSMC remote have really transformed my listening experience.

I can now sit far back on the couch, get Roon radio going, and with the remote i can flip forwards and backwards on the songs, adjust the volume, and just really enjoy the music. The best part is i can do it all without having to unlock my phone to control Roon or get up to adjust the volume knob on the amp. i find the phone so distracting, as I always tend to end up surfing the web or facebook. The only time i really have to unlock my phone is to add the song as a favourite; i wish there was a way to program one of the buttons on the OSMC remote to automatically add the current song playing to my favourites list.

The rpi4 serves mainly as a display for my SOTM Roon endpoint. I have a usb cable going out of the RPi4 when i want to run librespot for spotify.

i highly recommend this set up for couch listeners…!

17 Likes

Nice and neat!

What display are you using? The case for the screen is very compact.

1 Like

Thanks! Am using the raspberry pi 7 inch touch screen.

WANT WANT WANT was the name of the game , now my ears are so shot I can’t appreciate what I have.

I suppose I best shut up and play the music :heart_eyes:

3 Likes