Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04 .. 2021-09]

My stellar system in total ! BEATS !!!

1 Like

Sounds like one could build a stellar system with a DS-10, PH-10 and a pair of PA-10 amps.

1 Like

Nice… acoustic treatment behind?

1 Like

• LG OLED 65CX6LA 4K
  • NAD M10 BluOS / Roon Certified
  • Bowers & Wilkins 702-S2
  • Bowers & Wilkins DB4
  • Bowers & Wilkins PX7
  • Qobuz Studio Premier
  • Roon core on Mac Mini M1
20 Likes

In the office:

• Macbook Air M1
  • Mac mini M1 (Roon core)
  • Arcam rPAC USB dac
  • PreSonus Eris E5 High-Defenition monitors
  • QNAP HS-251 Silent NAS (~41.000 tracks Flac/Hi-res/MQA on 2x 6TB HDD RAID 1)
16 Likes

Excellent work! Hope they sound as good as they look.

1 Like

Yes they are acoustic panels. You can see them here.
Pretty easy to fit as well.

7 Likes

Thanks, David - they look good. What sort of acoustic effect do they have, i.e. does it sound a lot better with them?

1 Like

All for good look to go with good sound!

2 Likes

How is the match between the M33 and the Dynaudio Heritage?

1 Like

Really good. I was using KEF R3 for a while and have tried some Harbeths with it but I found the extra power in M33 really makes the Dynaudios sing. The base in particular just steps up several notches from any other speakers Iv tried with it.
I will say the sound of the R3s and then the Dynaudios with bluos or Roon was a small step up but with the LP12 … wow the step up is insane. This could be because the source is so much better and you can’t change the dac in the M33 or bypass it at all but I have Terry Ellis coming round hopefully soon to help me set up Dirac properly to really get the most out of this room. The whole right wall out of shot is a floor to Ceiling window so not ideal for sound.

Yes much better, very noticeable. The space is not ideal at all due to large windows and a door being near the left speaker but the panels really helped to tighten everything up and massively increased the sound stage.

20 Likes

Kevin

I haven’t heard the PH-10 but many people seem to rate it highly. I’m also not sure what outputs it has, I would have thought the DS10+ (with an analogue input) would be needed.

But yes a DS-10 and 2 x PA-10 is a really neat system. Don’t rule out just one PA-10 though, it’s really good. I’ve seen another review that says a single one is basically a holding pattern until you can get a second. I disagree, I’d be happy with one, particularly at the price. I should add that the review described the amplifiers that I heard, so it was just the conclusion that was different to mine (which is fine).

The other thing to consider is the external power suppy that’s about £1k I think. I haven’t heard it but suspect it would be worthwhile. DS-10 and 2 x PA-10? Or DS-10 and 1 x PA-10 plus power supply? I’d listen to both options before taking the plunge.

The other option is the Cambridge Edge NQ, which I also have here (running into the 2 x PA-10. It’s now £4,500 so quite a bit dearer than the DS-10. Or the DS-10 plus power supply. It’s really nice though, I’d be happy to get off the merry-go-round and stick with it. But it’s bloody huge!

Cheers, Phil

2 Likes

i rate the PH-10 very highly, not just for it’s sound and form factor, but also because it’s so straightforward to change loading/gain for different cartridges.

1 Like

Well said.
If I have to open a case up again to move fiddly little jumpers or dipswitches etc it will be too soon!

1 Like

So according to this thread May does not exist. :upside_down_face:

My loft office and main listening setup.

Denon PMA-1600
RP 4 running RoPieee
Dali Helicon 300 mk2

23 Likes

Our music room!

Bottom left side of the equipment rack is a Roon Bridge running on a Raspberry Pi 4 with an Allo DigiOne

There is a Yamaha digital piano on the left but it was hard to fit in the photo!

19 Likes

Looks nice, how are you controlling the Mac Mini?

1 Like