Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

I’m guessing you’re not showing off your new heavy duty rotary washing line with an arty close up? I’m intrigued…

3 Likes

SME? Plus ten.

1 Like

Cheers!

23 Likes

20/2A , the A coming with the gold V. arm…Bought it 21 years ago new come Jan ‘23

16 Likes

I lied :rofl::man_shrugging::man_facepalming:

26 Likes

Lovely deck!
Immediately go post in “The Vinyl Bar” and/or this one! :smiley:
Much more interesting than the “bits are bits” discussions elsewhere! :wink:

And, you too @Pablo_Gutierrez

2 Likes

I can only imagine the sound!

1 Like

That must have a wonderful sound!

Just wonderful, and what a view!
I was thinking Cape Town first, then I saw Norway in your sig, not bad either :smile:

1 Like

I though LA, but I have bad eyesight…

1 Like

Thanks! It sounds really good and with some help from Audiolense the acoustical quirks in the living room is almost eliminated, and it sounds even better. As I have no dedicated listening room I have to use digital trickery to even out the room nodes the carpets on the floor doesn’t handle.

Would have loved to live in both New York and Cape Town, but I’m happily stuck in Bodø. A small town with 50000 citizens and 6 months of winter.

2 Likes

Still all Naim 500 Series, but have upgraded my speakers to B&W 801 D4 - amazing speakers, monumental bass (MUCH better than the Kudos Titan 808s I had before) with wonderful build quality.

The Nucleus + failed recently - so went back to base for a repair. Just put the SSD back in when I got it back and off it went, no restore necessary. Which was a relief and a delight!

49 Likes

Love those speakers. How may folks did it take to move them into place?

2 Likes

Surprisingly - just two!

21 Likes

Wait I’m confused… :thinking: which one sounds better?

7 Likes

Both - the music is louder.

1 Like

Yeah! My NAD M28 7 channel amplifier arrived yesterday after a 2 week wait. Hard to complain about the wait with the discounted price from our local AV store. Saved about $900.00 on the initial cost.

Haven’t opened the box yet. Have to get the house ready for holiday company before I can take time to get the tall rack cabinet spaced out internally for the install. Oops, just remembered I need to order another rack shelf for the amp.

While looking for good quality RCA interconnects I was advised to check out Analysis Plus Oval One. Have used AudioQuest interconnects for years and had some on hand but for this situation I needed/wanted separate cables instead of single cables with pigtails for the right/left connections. The NAD wiring diagram suggests the right/left outside amp connections for the front speakers, next in from each side for the side surrounds, then the back surrounds, with the center channel is in the middle. Analysis Plus makes high-end expensive cables but the Oval One’s are the least expensive ones they make and are paired individual right/let cables I was looking for. With the lower end pricing I decided to try them with the 7.1 analog connections for the S88 DAC to receiver while I was at it. So 8 pair, or 16 individual cables, 8 for the dac and 7 for the amp with one spare. Total cost for all was less than the advertised price of the M28. Should break even with the cost of the shelf.

Plan to change out the MC dac cables first with a before and after sound check to verify no loss in SQ, Then add the amp. My expectations for the amp are very high based on numerous full reviews from known publications and sidebar in Stereophile by @mitr .

Can’t wait to find out for myself.

2 Likes

Getting new stuff is fun!

1 Like

My system is nothing to brag about but it suits me pretty good. Focal speakers, Cambridge pre amp and dac/streamer, emotive amp, furman conditioner. This will likely be my setup all through 2023. Probably needs some cable management. I’ve had to replace the 851N once through Crutchfield because of a major malfunction the analog outputs were consistently popping and hissing on both channels. Other than that everything works great. They sent a replacement and it’s been solid ever since the middle of 2022. I mostly watch Hulu or twitch while listening to hifi albums. I’m mostly into jazz.

30 Likes