Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

Picture of measurements

BEFORE treatment

Reverb Before (in red) and After (in blue)
Please note:

1. Dotted lines are the borders of acceptable tolerance.
  2. Black dashes indicates a reference level or desired state.

Frequency amplitude characteristic Before (in blue) and After (in brown).
Please Note that this is only for the left channel. Right channel is very similar and would not to our knowledge

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, Piotr!
Nice job.
What puzzles me is, that the ‘after’ frequency response seems smoothed more by software than the ‘before’, but other than that one can readily see the improvements wrought by the acoustician.

Hello.

My setup is Roon Server (Rock) outside the room. Three favours of RP based streamers with HQPlayer using Mac Mini M1. Chord Dave and Mscaler. Burmester 077, bi-amp Macintosh MC452 and Krell 300iL, and B&W 802 D2.Speaker cables are Vertere. I made other connectors using silver based cables.

Dave, Mscaler, streamers and even network routers are powered by lab power supplies to achieve power isolation. Power is based on Isolation transformer and power filters.

:slight_smile:

16 Likes

Nice system. What’s the dimensions of the room? Does the HQPlayer not make the MScaler redundant? or just different options. How does it compare?

Hi. my room is 6.5x3.8 meters. Hqplayer gives different sound signature in comparison to mscaler; so, they compliment each other. My main listing is Dave/Mscaler then Dave alone then hqplayer when I want something new.

Regards.

Interesting. I should give HQPlayer another try. I found it was too complicated for me the 1st time I gave it a go.

1 Like

I came really close to purchasing these for a secondary system at home but dealing with getting one of the tweeters replaced is currently too big of a hassle based on how little free time I have.

I know a few people with Vivid speakers and each of them are very passionate about them.

1 Like

I do not know the magic that the acoustician performed.
I know it looks good BUT it sounds GREAT.

I love it. :slight_smile: :grinning:

1 Like

Ah glorious…
Turntables and R2R.
A match made in Heaven.

Oh and there was some Roon stuff too…

2 Likes

I saw that listing and was extremely tempted.
Fortunately for my wallet the seller is in NY and wants a local sale only😉

2 Likes

Vincent, the B1Ds are my second set of Vivid speakers. I started with the two-way Oval 1.5s, which punched way above their weight. You’re correct: once you hear the sound, you become passionate about the product.

3 Likes

I was willing to have a new set of boxes shipped to the seller. I’d want the boxes myself, so the cost of them wasn’t a deterrent. I’ve done this before with other sellers who didn’t have boxes. It has created purchasing opportunities that wouldn’t be possible otherwise.

Many manufacturers will sell both inner and outer boxes. This is especially nice for larger, harder to package items like Amps and Regenerators (my fav component!).

2 Likes

It doesn’t hurt that the entire Vivid line looks fantastic…well at least to me.

Who doesn’t want this in their living room?:

31 Likes

I would never leave this room…

3 Likes

My wife :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: Unfortunately,

I am thinking about a new headphone amp :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

9 Likes

Her indoors. I just asked.

4 Likes

Unfortunately my wife :grin:

3 Likes

I must be lucky, my wife likes them but there other large speakers she likes more. Her first question, “but what do they sound like?” :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I admit I spend a lot of time there. Light almost off, senses ON :slight_smile:

These speakers (both pairs) look awesome.
Congrats