Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2023]

@PixelPopper , headphone stand?

1 Like

Potentially but itā€™s not ā€œnormalā€ head size, my Stax donā€™t fit but normal dynamic phones might work, Iā€™ll try it outā€¦

That headphone socket looks massive so the unit is quite smallšŸ˜€

2 Likes

Well since I am a typical Dutch being just over 2 meter tall. Iā€™ll need a huge headphone. So of course the Loxjie has a huge hole in it :joy:

3 Likes

Wellā€¦ I did think that the acoustic treatments would be the next thing, but when opportunity comes knocking, you answer the door. Got a phone call from a pet Melbourne dealer offering me a pair of McIntosh MC830s that had been on demo for a few months but had seen less than 10 hours use in that time. At the price I could not refuse. I also managed to get hold of an Arcam AV41 pre at a keen price (I have been wanting to go Dirac Live Bass Control since hearing so many good things about its capabilities in a multi-sub environment like mine). Moved the TV rack off-centre and used the extra space to move the Hi-Fi rack onto the right side and further away from the front speakers. Also added a Delos platform for the MoFi TT to sit on.

Need to tidy cabling a bit more, but waiting for a new 20amp spur to be run to behind the TV rack purely for the audio, so cable management nerdery can wait for now.

So here we are. Dirac LBC is goooood in my space. Guess I need to find a new home for my Lumin T2 and McIntosh MA352 integrated now.

29 Likes

Glad to see the rug is centrally located and lines up with the speakers :wink: :+1:

2 Likes

Iā€™m OCD to my coreā€¦

6 Likes

Very nice, but the non-symmetrical would drive me nuts.

4 Likes

Your Roon core :grinning:

1 Like

You mean CDO

You mean the TV being off centre?

I made it acceptable for my OCD by centring the TV on the two recliner armchairs (evening perches for Mrs Tel and I) - this was taken prior to shifting the TV off centre, but you get the idea:

The walkway into the seating area with music and TV is on the right of the two armchairs facing the TV, so it doesnā€™t really look that odd in the flesh.

12 Likes

My final system update. Modwright Cambridge CXN.

17 Likes

A black one. Now thatā€™s pretty rare. If Iā€™m not mistaken the black version is a ā€œlimited editionā€ of both the CXN and the CXNv2.

My unit is not the limited edition. Initially the CXN was available with two color options.

1 Like

looks great; Iā€™ve been looking for years for a modwright transporter.

My setup now, with HQplayer NAA running on the laptop on the floor for now. Considering a Mac Mini M2pro to replace that and Iā€™m waiting for another audiorack shelf to setup more symmetrical. But Iā€™m :blush:.
Roon runs in the box on top, Grimm Audio MU1 music server.

Cheers!

23 Likes

My wife inadvertently installed some acoustical treatments in our living room in the form of this enormous light fixture.

Sorry, no blind ABX testing was possible, but I think it improves things! :wink:

35 Likes

You could use ā€œHousecurveā€ to check:

2 Likes

Are these the big speakers by John Devore? They somehow look tiny in your room. Either I have had a completely wrong idea about their dimension (never seen them in person) or your room is big?? They must sound great!! Nice room.

2 Likes