Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2023]

I changed something in my PC setup today.
My beloved Adam Artist 5 monitors got worthy successors after 12 years.
I still have to get used to the size, but the sound is a wonder. :heart_eyes:

They are Hedd Audio Type 07 MK2

before

after

my new HEDD Quarter

20 Likes

Added a new hi-fi cabinet into the mix …

24 Likes

Very nice and super clean. I am about to start my build on a rack and stands based on the Nain Fraim aesthetic.

1 Like

Wonderful setup!
The assymetry/geometry kills me though. You are lucky you dont suffer this problem

2 Likes

Ah but perhaps he does and keeps this little basket of whiskey (?) on hand to help ease the unease. :smile:

10 Likes

looks like a great house!
With a nice view (as far as we can see now…)

1 Like

I have placed the speakers for my listening position, although I am experimenting with this, and may introduce room correction.

3 Likes

Very nice @Martin_Webster, what is it?

It’s from the Scandic range by Homestyle GB, and is available through various resellers. Prices vary considerably, so shopping around worthwhile.

2 Likes

Nice! I have Adam F5s on some isoAcoutics stands and also use an RME DAC. Enjoy!

1 Like

What is that in the frame, and how do I do it? :slight_smile:

Check it out in this thread …

My current configuration:
Audio:

• Synology 1519+ NAS with 16TB hard drives (ATC UPS connected)
  • NUC Intel I5 Ram 32 GB: Dietpi (linux base) and Roon server
  • Mac Mini M2 MacOs: HQPlayer 5 with DSD 256 upsampling and convolution filter (generated with Focus Fidelity solution and UMIK1 micro)
  • NUC Intel I3 Ram 16 GB: Dietpi and NAA (HQP)
  • RME ADI2 (AKM 4493 version) Dac/Preamp
  • ATC 20A Pro active speakers (XLR)
  • IPad or Android: Roon remote
  • Headphone amp: Burson Conductor
  • Hifi headphones: AUDEZE LCD-X and HIFIMAN XS (with parmetric correction curves) 4-pin XLR
    Roon display on Oled TV

Video :

28 Likes

very happy with this craigslist find … musical fidelity x-150 integrated amp from early 2000’s … half-width heavy box, nice big volume knob, remote, built-in phono, just enough inputs, tape and pre outs … only needed a 1.5mm allen key to tighten the volume knob, good as new :+1:

27 Likes

Beautiful device!

@MilJL87

Very nice!

Please tell us about that equipment stand.

What chair and footstool is that? How do you like it?

I’ll jump in on that one if I may, @Jim_F.

It does look like Ikea Pöang with leather covers from some time ago.

I’ve still got and use this set in light oak with Buffalo leather from some 30 years ago.

It’s definitely not neutral acoustically, since the head rest does reflect and cause destructive interference.
A thicker absorbtive blanket fixes that and that combination also nicely cuts rearward room reflections.

1 Like

I spy some Pliny.

2 Likes

My challenges have included a small room that’s acoustically difficult; bad ears (hearing loss at higher frequencies); a limited budget; and a personal prejudice in favor of minimalism. Over the years I’ve gravitated toward a three-pronged approach: minimizing electrical pollution from the home/grid, eliminating interconnect cabling, and reducing room effects. With that last in mind, one of my most impactful components has ended up being six nontoxic sound-absorption panels commissioned from Konto Acoustics, manufactured from Nordic peat moss, which hang on the side and back walls. Another is the convolution filters that Roon lets me install, which I generate using Room EQ Wizard, using Roon’s helpful instructions. A third is Roon’s own equalizer, that lets me compensate for my hearing loss. As I’ve tweaked the playback chain over the years each bit of gear pictured here has won my admiration and affection, but Roon’s multi-layered computational power (in my case running on a Nucleus+), which enables the filters and the EQ, have for me personally been especially transformative, and I’m grateful to the Roon team for the life improvement that’s brought.

55 Likes