Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2024]

Should it be sat directly on it or just above it in the rack though?

AC Infinity AIRCOM T9, Quiet Cooling Fan System 17" (43 cm) for Receivers, Amps, DVR, AV Cabinet Components https://amzn.eu/d/34aJbnP

If an Amp needs active cooling via an external device, then said amp has insufficient passive cooling or possibly a fault.

Just my view of course :wink:

1 Like

I had looked at infinity site and it is for rack mount, but it would need refrigeration to work if the air in room is warm, otherwise it is just blowing the warm air around.
It is just a fan system as far as I can see.

2 Likes

Welcome to my madness.

Currently 9.10.9; soon to be 9.12.9.
Trinnov Altitude32 (36 channels, Roon Ready)
Trinnov Amplitude8
Trinnov Amplitude8M
Bryston 4B SST2
B&W 801D4 (front)
B&W HTM81D4 (center)
B&W 802 D3 (surround)
B&W 803 D2 (surround rear)
B&W 805 D2 (front wides)
9 x Piega AP 1.2 (ceiling)
2 x Paradigm Persona Sub
2 x B&W DB1 (sub)
8 x Sigberg Audio Inkognito12 (sub)
Oppo UDP 203 (Roon Ready)
LG OLED CX 77"
Apple TV 4K (2022)
Moon MiND2 Network Player (Roon Ready)
OSMC Vero V
Zidoo Z9X
Philips Hue

Roon Cores: Nucleus+ and NUC8i7 with ROCK (one with 1.8 and the other with the latest and greatest).

Getting ready for Trinnov WaveForming with Sigberg Audio Inkognito12 :nerd_face:

Edit:
Forgot the ceiling speakers, added now :slight_smile:

42 Likes

@Tor_Gunnar_Berland your left speaker is 1 inch over to the left compared to the right :wink:

Fabulous setup :+1:

3 Likes

You might be right; just had the B&W 801D4 out to mount Sigberg Audio Inkognito12 subwoofers on the wall.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it have been cheaper just to buy your own cinema? :grin::grin:

8 Likes

This is much better :slight_smile:

3 Likes

About a month ago, I added a new device to my main system.

Nubert’s new preamp + DAC + network streamer (nuControl X).

Sounds fantastic and works absolutely reliably. My Roon library sits on an iMac in my study → wireless streaming (up to DXD or DSD 512) without any dropouts. 99% of the music in my library is locally stored. I use Qobuz (and Apple Music) mainly to discover new artists and albums.

58 Likes

Are the speakers custom? Beautiful space.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Craig. The speakers are Backes & Müller Line 35s (digital/DSP-based active speakers).

6 Likes

My humble current reference system-

Buchardt P300 Bookshelf Speakers
Singxer SA-1 Preamp & Headphone Amplifier
Singxer SDA-6 PRO2 Balanced Dual AKM DAC
2x Fosi ZA3 Power Amplifiers in Mono Mode
RPI Streamer Touchscreen running RoPieee
Technics SL-1200MK2 Direct Drive Turntable
Schiit Mani Phono Preamp
Pioneer SX-580 Integrated Amplifier
AKAI GX-4000D Reel to Reel

48 Likes

Super clean. How are both the integrated and the fosi amps used with your other preamp/dac setup?

1 Like

The Pioneer and Akai are used only seldomly. The DAC/Preamp goes straight to the Fosi amps balanced and then to the Buchardt’s.

2 Likes

Hi Will,
Since when are you into extreme high res (DXD, DSD 512 etc.)? :wink:

1 Like

Hi Wolfgang,
I know why you’re asking. :wink: To be honest, I only have three or four DXD files and only one DSD 512 track. I just use them to test if my “WiFi only” network is as rock solid as I want it to be…

1 Like

I have the same AKAI Reel to Reel. Love It. Purchased it new over 30 years ago. Have not listened to it in a very long time.

Hopefully before the end of this year I will have my new listening area completed. Long time slow moving project but I see the end in sight.

–MD

2 Likes

Hi, great setup, love it. I am curious about the great looking lamps you are using. I am looking for very thin lamps for a long time, but yours would be perfect to my home too. Can you please tell me the brand of them and where to buy?

Thank you very much for help

1 Like

I don’t know about @Michael_Green lamps but if you type tall led floor lamp in Amazon there’s loads.