Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2024]

Really love your interior and setup… especially the Le Corbusier! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. It’s a good chair for listening to music (the room layout has changed since that photo).

1 Like

My humble setup:
Luxman L509X Integrated amplifier w/ AC Infinity Cooling Fan
Wharfedale Linton Heritage 85th Anniversary w/upgraded cross-over
Shanling ET3 CD Transport (new toy)
Gustard U18 USB Audio Interface
Gustard R26 DAC
OEM i7 NUC Roon CORE
Sandisk 1TB SSD
Custom Linear PS for NUC

19 Likes

My rather simplistic setup:

• homebuilt fanless NUC to run Roon
  • Hegel H590 integrated amp and streamer
  • Dynaudio Confidence 20 speakers (with stuff to discourage my cats from jumping on them)
  • T+A TCD 610 W SE subwoofer
20 Likes

lovely cabinet too.

My setup
Audiolab CDT9000
PS Audio AirLens
PS Audio Direct Stream DAC MK2
NAD C298 amp
PS Audio Powerplant 3
Homemade speakers using EJJordan full range drivers (no crossover)
KEF KC62 subwoofers x 2

19 Likes

@clockit That is a quite a toe in of those speakers(look very well made and finished) any particular reason for it?
I have the Townsend seismic podiums under my speakers also.

2 Likes

The drivers have a rising treble response on-axis. The podiums are amazing. I’m also really pleased with the little KEF’s, the amount of weight and slam they provide is awesome!

I was thinking the same. It’d be useful to set up the placement correctly. This is the method I use, specifically from “I also tweaked …”. The tracks are by the Beach Boys (mono version), Yes, and Van Morrison.

1 Like

I thought that would be the reason but didn’t want to assume .
Have you tried covering the drivers to try and reduce their output?
Grill cloth maybe.
If it works the way they are I suppose why change it though :grinning:

No need, they work way better than expected. They image no matter where you sit, as long as you’re between them. The sound is very dynamic and detailed, but most of all very natural sounding.

1 Like

Nice! And nice cabinet - does your H590 get hot in there?
And how successful are the cat deterrents? :wink:

The cat deterrents - combined with other more interesting opportunities to scratch and jump - work well so far. The cabinet was originally designed to house a Mark Levinson No. 383, which explains its 60cm depth. No problems with the H590 and heat at all.

1 Like

Just a little advice in case you want to be in heaven :slight_smile:
Try out the Innuos statement next Gen - best to connect it via Ethernet cable to the router and connect to your Devialet - it will blow you away.
Everyone of my friends spoke out against it - as they all knew that it won’t make a difference - and it took me 10s after first connection to have tears in my eyes.

Cheers

just googled this thing and I see it’s $25K. :+1:

I would cry as well

3 Likes

10 seconds after the credit card payment went through :astonished:

3 Likes

….at $25K for, what is after all a computer, I would have tears running down my face with a danger of causing local flooding…:joy:

4 Likes

I have a very good protection mechanism for this - my credit card won’t support such a payment (and nor do I want it to) :grinning:

2 Likes

I would normally say the same, but I just checked and at least one does :flushed::open_mouth:

Not that I would spend that much money on a music server… But a nice big amplifier and Lumin Streamer… Oh yes I would also have to pay the card off. Guess I am out for now :roll_eyes: