Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

21 Likes

The Wharfdale Linton Heritage is brilliant for the money and in combination with Zero extremely good. For a bedroom sufficient :wink:

1 Like

Nice gear. The only concern IMHO is the TT being placed on that USM-Haller tin sheet box. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

works perfectly fine - no vibrations.

You could have for a double post out if this one, always space for a good dog and his musical setup in the four legged accoustical treatment thread

3 Likes

Quad Electrostatic Loudspeakers have entered the chat…

2 Likes

My main system comprises HiFi Rose streamer/pre-amp connected to a Bryston 2.5B3 powering a pair of Dynaudio Special 40 speakers. Also shown in the photos is a Roon Nucleus, Melco switch and a Sennheiser HDV820 headphone amplifier that gets used with a pair of Sennheiser HD800S headphones.

I also have a desk system comprising a Cambridge CXN streamer connected to a pair of active Dynaudio LYD5 speakers.

33 Likes

Upgraded my office setup from the PM5004 to the PM8004. Also, PSB Image P5 to Klipsch RP-160M.

24 Likes

Talks of updating all the flooring in our home has led to planning a remodel of our living room where the entertainment system is.

My wife wanted to paint the 60’s era wood paneling before the new floors were installed. After discussing the pro’s and con’s of painting over the paneling we decided to pull it down and replace with sheetrock and paint.

Yea! This is the opportunity I’ve hoped for. While running the setup routine for my JL Audio F112v2 a few years back the sound generated by the sub literally rattled the walls, and this is my chance to fix that. With the old paneling out of the way I can clean out whatever was left in the walls of this 50 + year old house.

Plan to run - 12 gauge inwall cable for 13 speakers in the surround system (7 lower level plus 6 height/ceiling) , sub cables, and “clean power” from the media closet isolated power source to the sub locations. Add additional inwall bracing where needed for heavy items mounted on the walls. Add Roxul Safe and Sound rockwool sound proofing insulation all around. Then finish with sound proofing drywall or double - glued - 5/8 sheetrock. I’ve read that a single panel of the sound proofing drywall is supposed to equal 8 sheets of 5/8 sheetrock. I’ll use the best option I can find locally but 2 glued/screwed layers of sheetrock is as far as I’m willing to go.

Wow, can’t believe I actually get to build my media room, just me, no contractors (except for the flooring). Have a month to get it done, no pressure. Will add before and after photos when the job is done.

15 Likes

Cambridge CXA81, Cambridge CXN V2, Feliks Echo MK2, Evoke 30 and my beloved HD600. Not in the picture is my i5 2014 Mac Mini / Roon Core. Both the Mac Mini and the CXN V2 are connected via UTP CAT6 cables.

Did a little sweep fun in REW and using Roons convolution engine with great results… best sounding system I owned so far. Not going to upgrade anytime soon…

28 Likes

Having done that as part of a new build (now 10 years ago), the one mistake I made that I do now regret is that in running my in-wall cables, I didn’t run them in large enough conduit to easily allow new cables to be run through the conduit. At the time Cat 5e was state of the art for Ethernet (fortunately I did run fiber in parallel with all my Ethernet runs, but didn’t light it at the time) and I ran 12 guage speaker cable to the surrounds and higher end cables to my mains (not in conduit). I was now thinking of moving my amps to be very close to at least my front speakers and running balanced XLR for the 15 foot distance and then very short speaker wire from amp to speaker; but replacing the speaker wire with XLR cable is really hard when it isn’t run through large enough PVC conduit to make that exchange possible.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I’m still sorting through the process and all advice is welcome.

The Ethernet and cable runs are already done throughout the house with runs through the attic and drops down inside the walls. Not sure I can run large conduit as side boring large holes through the studs could cause issues on the other side. I will definitely check into that.

Hey - Artnovion designed the acoustic treatments, and Epic Home Systems (a local integrator here in the Seattle area) worked with them to take all the measurements/do the install. Very pleased with both companies.

Very nice, well considered real world system.

Good speaker placement :+1:

2 Likes

Hi,

My listening area is made up of vintage equipment in a nice, treated

room.
The sound is great and the enjoyment is fantastic.

58 Likes

Welcome to the Roon forums @PerfektCOM . That looks a lovely space, I like the triangle windows. Would you mind saying a bit more about the kit please?

2 Likes

Windows are semi circular.

My Kit:

1. Accuphase P-500L Power Amp - awaiting arrival of the second unit to be used in bridged mode
  2. DYI Pre-map (based on KONDO AUDIONOTE M77) - custom made transformer and decent (9) Tubes
  3. Topping D90MQA
  4. Intel NUC as a ROCK
  5. B&W 802N
  6. Dual 505 (I think) Audiphile Concept Turntable - Shure cartridge

Room was professionally treated by a qualified and reputable acoustician

6 Likes

Sorry, I like the triangular window arches then. Looks like a really nice space and some nice kit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

34 Likes