Custom built OTL
Magico S7

NAA with Superstream
PS Audio
Custom Built Accuton speakers

21 Likes

I’m more interested in the pioneer RT909. :wink:

Me too!

I also have a Pioneer RT-909, although I have to admit it doesn’t get a huge amount of use in my system these days. It is a really beautiful piece of kit.

1 Like

Hello Fernando. I am interested in the chain of digital music flow from your computer to the digital to analogue converter. Please elaborate on what you found to sound the best. Thanks

And a luring Revox A77, nostalgia eh !!

2 Likes

almost didn’t see that, half cropped out!

That Thing You Do is a great movie. Critics likely hated it but it’s a lot of fun.

1 Like

Think I’m done for a while (maybe?) In my main room

Rock - Allo USBridge - Khadis Tone Board - Onkyo NR686 - Kef Q350s

…and apparently Roon hasn’t quite sorted out the cropping just yet lol

5 Likes

It was actually well-reviewed but I think it’s still grossly underrated. The fact that it was completely written and directed by Tom Hanks just shows not only how massively talented he is more than just his acting ability, but his ability to craft such a loving and infectious tribute to one of the greatest era’s of pop music. It’s one of my all-time favorites. :blush:

same for me, had a Revox PR99 for too many years

Bedroom Setup

RPI>HifiBerryDigi+Pro>KhadasToneBoard>SchiIt Magni 3>Massdrop Senn 6xx

11 Likes

Was at a Bjork concert decades ago at the 22,000 person Shoreline Amphitheater with good seats (2nd ring, center). Some songs hit 115dBC and still sounded fantastic. However, the sound quality at home playing her albums is even better at 115dBC, except the deep bass isn’t quite as immersive or clean.

1 Like

Nice - simple and clean.

Thanks. No i just need to kill all the LEDs. Not good for late night listening. Currently using electrical tape lol

Make sure it’s Audiophile electrical tape. Does Russ Andrews not do some? (ground it as well-leakage currents… :wink: )

My wife often says that our house is brighter at night than in the daytime from all the LEDs and other glowing lights on the all the computer and entertainment devices.

3 Likes

My office is pretty scary at night lol. Looks like nasa.

I use this onkyo 686e too! I am very surprised by the good sound regardless the cheap price. Btw how do you show “what’s playing” on the TV?

I use a Chromecast as a roon display.

Hello, I’m new to Roon but loving it.

I have the following kit and settings and would LOVE any feedback on suggested tweaks from more seasoned users…

I hope I’ve put this in the correct group.

MY KIT
Nucleus+
Chord Qutest DAC
PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated Amplifier
Wilson Benesch Vector Speakers

SETTINGS AND DSP

10 Likes