Signal Path not purple

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC w/ ROCK / Roon 1.7 (build 667)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Networked direct from NUC to HTP-1 Processor

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Monolith HTP-1 Processor - Direct - No processing.

Description Of Issue

Why is this showing Equalizer when there is no equalizer being used. Main front speakers are full range … no PEQ… no filters… Convolution is off.

Here’s an explanation on the colors…yours is Enhanced, not Lossless.

You might want to double check the DSP settings.

Hi, that signal path is telling you what your HTP-1 is doing. Roon is passing the signal bit perfect then the HTP-1 is applying bass management.

I would think it would change from blue to purple if I changed the main speakers to large and turned off the sub in the HTP-1, but it does not. Nothing is on in the Roon settings.

Regards,
Sonnie

Maybe its referring to changes made in the Bass Manager on the HTP-1? (page 35 of the manual)

Hello @Sonnie_Parker, could you go into your DSP settings and send me a screenshot of what you see? You can access this by clicking the 3 dots at the top right of your previous screenshot.

Here ya go!

Hi Sonnie,

Do you see where I circled the HTP-1. That is where the signal has reached your HTP-1. Anything after that is what the HTP-1 is doing. Roon is just displaying processing information sent back to it from the HTP-1.

In addition to turning off Bass Enhancement or Bass Reinforcement, which the manual indicates is a specific on/off switch on the Speaker Setup page, you might review to make sure any of the other Equalization options are turned off on the HTP-1

The blue might sound better than the purple.

1 Like

I’m just not understanding why Roon still picks up Equalizer (Bass Management) when I turn everything off in the HTP-1. I am very familiar with how to check settings and what bass management is… there is nothing in the HTP-1 turned on when I change the main speakers to full range and turn off the sub. It’s impossible to have bass management when there is no sub and only the front two speakers are playing a stereo signal with Direct selected.

Regards,
Sonnie

A quick sanity check would be to switch your subs back on (if you have indeed powered them off) and see if there is any output.

I believe they only come back on if change the mains from Large to Small, but I will double check.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.