Since Roon 1.5 my Devialet 220 Pro is an "unidentified device"

Hi,

I tried figuring out what was wrong with my Devialet, as I did the stupid mistake installing the newest Beta Firmware and newest Roon 1.5 (on an Intel NUC5i3) at the same time. So I wasn’t sure who was causing which problem.

After Upgrading I had the following issues:

1. Tidal Streaming via Roon caused streaming interruptions every 5 seconds

2. My Devialet did not show up in Roon with its proper Devialet Export Icon. Instead, Roon’s default Speaker is shown -> cosmetic issue only?

3. My Devialet is listed as an “unidentified device” within Roon and the “identify device” option does not offer any options… -> MQA issue?

I fixed the first issue (Tidal Streaming interruptions) by downgrading to the previous devialet FW beta. But issues 2 and 3 persist. Any idea what is going wrong?

Devialet says they will “reveal a few things this week in Munich (in our new offices, not at the High End Messe)” Maybe RAAT is one of them. Let us hope…

They are opening a new office in Munich?

Seems so. According to Thierry Massoubre…

DEVIALET GmbH
Augsburgerstraße 21, D - 80337 München

Got it confirmed too. There will be further announcements on Friday.
Bist du eigentlich aus Deutschland?

Hello @k1282,

Just to confirm, when you click on “Identify this device”, the device picker screen does not appear for you? Have you updated all of your remotes including your Core to the latest versions of Roon?

-John

Device picker menu does appear but regardless of what I type in, nothing can be found.

I found in another thread following the 1.5 release, that this issue is known and that more devices are added gradually.

Hello @k1282,

Have you tried scrolling down the menu of manufactures to Devialet instead of searching? The Devialet Expert 220 Pro is in our identification database and should be able to be selected. I have included screenshots to show where to look.

-John

weird, I am not seeing what you are seeing (my screen just has a search bar with not manufacturer icons and I am runnig the latest roon SW Build 323)

What device are you seeing this on? Have you tried reinstalling the app?

I took the screenshot from my iMac but also witnessed the same screen on my Win10.

I also reinstalled just now and nothing changed…

I have a Mac I can try if it helps? I see the expected screen perfectly on an iPad.

ok, I was able to identify the cause of the issue:
I am running RoonServer on a NUC and used Roon as Remote on Win10 and OSx.

I just switched the Core to OSx and the device icons appear and are correctly assigned to my D220 amplifier.

So, dear Roon Support team, please fix this for RoonServer users…

Hello @k1282,

Can you confirm that when running Roon Server on Windows, that the “Find your Device” screen appears blank for all possible devices, and not just the Devialet?

-John

I checked and can confirm your statement.

Hello @k1282,

After speaking with the tech team, they have requested some more information so that they can figure out what’s goin on. Can you please provide the following info

1. What was your install process for RoonServer on your NUC? Do you have any anti-virus or admin limits on your machine?
  2. What language are you running Windows with?
  3. Please provide the output of “chcp” command in command prompt. To do this, click on windows button on bottom right of the screen, type “cmd”, press enter/return key, type the command “chcp”, press enter/return key

-John

1. Installed as admin. First Installed RoonServer, and then installed RoonRemote starting with 1.3. Since then updating all Roon instances via RoonRemote. Basic Windows Anti Virus is running in the background but it is not intefering with RoonCore or RoonServer as there are exceptions in place
  2. Windows is running in English Language
  3. chcp output is: Active code page: 437

Hello @k1282,

I’m a little bit confused by how you’re describing your Roon setup. When you mention “RoonRemote”, do you mean the regular Roon installer that included Core, Remote, and Output functionality? Do you still have Roon Server running on your NUC?

If you are using the regular “Roon” installer for Windows, there is no need to have both RoonServer and Roon installed on your computer. The “Roon” installation will run both as your Core and your “remote” for controlling the interface.

-John

Hi John,

I understand where your confusion is coming from, as I have a rather non-usual setup.

1. I am running RoonServer on my Win10 64bit NUC in the background at all times.
  2. I also have installed RoonRemote (via regular Roon installer) but I run it on demand (via google home and harmony remote), whenever I want to know what is “playing now” on my big screen at home

I intentionally am running RoonServer, as I am using the NUC primarily for video media playback via KODI (it is running always in the foreground)…

Hello @k1282,

Before attempting the following troubleshooting steps, I recommend that you check that your Roon backups are up to date. These steps shouldn’t endanger your database or RoonServer instance at all but it’s always good to be safe!

What I would like for you to attempt is to run your “Roon” application as the “Core” instead of connecting to “RoonServer” to see if we can get the Device Identification screen to show up for you.

1. In RoonRemote, go to Settings>General and click “Disconnect” to disconnect from your RoonServer process
  2. On the “Choose your Roon Core” page, click “Use this PC”
  3. Sign in with your Roon account
  4. Roon will warn you that you need to de-authorize your Server instance, go ahead and do that, you will just need to the reverse when re-connecting to your RoonServer
  5. Decline adding music or Tidal to the database
  6. When you finish setup and reach the home page in Roon, go to “Settings>Audio” and go to the device setup for a given device. See if you can identify the device.

-John