Skipped AIFF files

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

macOS Catalina v.10.15.4
Mac Pro (2019)
Processor 3,3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W
Memory 32 GB
Roon Version 1.7 (build 537)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NAS: QNAP TS-873
Firmware version: 4.4.2.1270
CPU: AMD Embedded R-Series RX-421ND
Memory: 4 GB

Router: Technicolor TG788vn v2 (provided by my ISP)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Benchmark DAC2 HGC connected to my Mac via USB.

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

I found dozens of my albums missing from the library in the skipped files folder. Although the reason reads “Audio Stream Format Not Supported” all of them are AIFF PCM ranging from 16/44.1 to 24/192. Are there different types of AIFF files that Roon does not support and what can I do about them?
Please find a Finder screenshot with three of the missing files. Is there a better diagnostic tool I could use?
Kind regards,
John

Some explanations:

Skipped Files

FAQ: Some of my files aren’t showing up in Roon

First step in diagnosing the root cause can be to try and play the files with another player than Roon. If they don’t play, they might be corrupt and you have to replace them. If they play, the player software often has a way to show details about the currently playing track (including format information). You should check this out and see if the file is actually in the format you expect.

Hello @BlackJack,
The files are perfectly playable in iTunes, Audirvana, Amarra, QuickTime Player etc on my Macs, iPhones etc… All players will display the file for what it is. Here’s a screenshot from iTunes:

Hi @John_Saracakis,

Would you mind sending us a link to one of these files that isn’t importing via a PM using a shared Dropbox link (or a link from any other file sharing service)? We’ll take a look at the file and see if we can understand why it’s not importing.

Thanks!

Hi @Dylan,
That would be great, thanks! Where can I send you the Dropbox link?

Hi @John_Saracakis — Sent you a PM.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.