Skipped files will not export, Roon crashes

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
I am using iMac 10.10.5 Roon 1.6 build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I have been trying to export a list of skipped files and each time I click the export to excel the roon program will close. Each time every time.

Hi @dave_allen,

Can you verify where your music library is stored and how many files total you have?

Moving forward, I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Hi, My music is stored on a western digital external hard drive and there will be about 48000 files and the time should be 11;53 am

thanks david

Hi @dave_allen,

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

and when should I expect to find out something? is there such a thing as being able to find out solutions to problems because I have a lengthy list and no time to search threads to find answers.

Hi @dave_allen,

We’ve tested things out on our end and things are working okay. The team is still investigating the diagnostics report, but they’ve mentioned that it appears there may be a permissions issue at play here that is preventing the file from generating and causing this issue.

If you have a different remote device available, can you try running this process from there? Is there any change when doing so?

Hi @dave_allen,

The team has tried to reproduce this behavior but unfortunately, have not been able to. Based on what they’re seeing, it looks like there is a permissions issue preventing Roon from creating this file. Are you able to create folders and files directly on the desktop?

the other remote device I use is an Iphone 5SE and in the settings/library there are only three options and viewing the skipped list is not one of them so I can no do it from my other device.

Hi @dave_allen,

Yes, this function can only be done from non-mobile versions of Roon.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.