Skipping or clipping

Are you still working for Roon? Are you willing to help me or can someone else help me?

You can check the logs again for tonight 4/24 between 7 and 11 pm CST it has skipped forward to the next song 3 times in that time. Tonight I was using an Ethernet cable.

Songs:
Sophisticated Ladies - Charlie Haden Quartet played 30% 44/16
Taking a Chance on Love - Jane Monheit played 45% 44/16
Parts Parallels - Patricia Barber played 20% MQA 48/24

Very confused about what to try next and wondering why no one from Roon is responding.

Hey @gerard_bodell,

I’m sorry about the confusion and the persistence of this issue. We’d love to continue to help - thank you for keeping us updated and for sharing all the details that you have.

Unfortunately, Dylan was never notified of your post. To tag someone and have them get a notification, you’d use @ and their name, like so: @dylan.

In this case, I’ve moved this thread into Dylan’s queue so he can continue to help.

Please, bear with us a little longer :pray:

Thank you @beka and @dylan I had always just hit the reply but I will add the @… now too. I appreciate any and all help.

2 Likes

@dylan @beka I have tried many attempts to solve my issue without lasting success. Will Roon Support please respond and help?

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Skipping TIDAL tracks

2 posts were split to a new topic: Occasional random track skips

I had zero issues with Roon 1.7 so it does seem correlated. I spent $500 upgrading router/wi fi in my home, but the problem returned. I do use an ethernet cable and still have the issue. I hate to walk away from prepaid Tidal for remainder of this year, especially if it could still be an issue with Qobuz. Engagement and problem solving from Support would be appreciated. @beka @dylan @Peter_Kuehnel @David_Ford

1 Like

@dylan @beka #support
I provided specific examples of my issue at Dylan’s request 25 days ago so he could analyze. Is someone going to help me? Still waiting.
@Peter_Kuehnel @David_Ford

Try updating Roon to build 795

Hi @gerard_bodell

Apologies for the delay — We’ve been testing some changes that has improved the type of issues you’re seeing and the testing was very positive! Can you give Build 795 a try and let us know if it helps? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @dylan

I just saw discussions about build 795 and will try that now. Do you know if there are updates for the iPhone and iPad? I don’t see those updates available yet and wondering how using one of those as a remote with the previous build might impact things too.
Thanks!

@dylan - correction - I now see the iPhone app update to 795 and I will do that too! thanks

1 Like

+1 I’ve seen semi-regular (a few times a listening session) songs start, play for ~1min or so and then Roon jumps to the next song. Also seeing issues with songs having a “hiccup” (brief pause) mid song as well. The latter happens with both Tidal and local music.

Will upgrade to 795 and report.

1 Like

Definitely still hearing the hiccups with 795. :frowning:

Hi @Aaron_Turner,
do you have special condition for that?
For example Volker_Rothenpieler told me that he has this hiccups too and I haven’t realized it.
At this example - that only occurs at MQA files - I guess with higher resolution 96kHz for example and I had to skip to the next title. Then after a while 1-2,5 minute this little gap occured.
I had that thing with 793 beta but not with 795 and it was connected to MQA files!
I only have still the skipping with 795. About 30 minutes okay and then first skip (Tidal). :cry:

Definitely was Tidal this time… not sure if the track was MQA or not. I’ll have to look next time. At least with the previous version it wasn’t limited to Tidal, but also happened with my FLAC’s. Definitely seems Roon 1.8 related as I never had this problem with 1.7.

Hey @Aaron_Turner,

It’s been quite a significant amount of time since the last post on this thread. I wanted to see if this is something you’re still dealing with, or, if it’s been resolved with subsequent builds :nerd_face:

Hi @beka,

Seen some hanging / skipping with Tidal, but I also seem to get that with the Tidal app on my phone. Of course I’m on 4G on my phone out for a walk and not on a 1Gbps network with Roon. I can’t recall seeing the problem playing local FLAC off my NAS.

Honestly, it seems much better than before. At this point the error rate seems to be roughly equivalent to the overall issues I have with Tidal natively so not sure if this should be classified as a Roon issue at this point.

Hey @Aaron_Turner,

Thanks for the swift update! I’m glad that the issues have become tolerable. If you’d like our team to take a closer look and see if there are steps to take to make them virtually nonexistent, would you please create a new post in the #support category? :nerd_face:

Honestly, I’m leaving for Europe for a month in a few days and really don’t care enough at this point to start another support thread. Just not strong enough correlation between support threads and fixing bugs to warrant the effort at this point.