Skipping tracks in sequence

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacOS 10.12.6 on an iMac 21" mid-2011. Roon 1.8.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Router ASUS AC1900 connected with the iMac via ethernet. My connection is 500Mbps via fiber optic.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

The problem is with the core, I’m trying to listen directly in the iMac using headphones.

Description Of Issue

Since the update to 1.8, when playing Tidal tracks in a long playlist (8h+), Roon suddenly starts to skip tracks in the middle, complaining that there’s some network problem or connectivity to Tidal. But I tested using Tidal on another device, via WiFi and Ethernet at the same time, and there’s no issue at all. I also tested my connection, and it’s ok. Another evidence that it’s not a connectivity issue is that Roon skips the track, but immediately starts playing the next, until it skips again, in sequence. To sum up, when it occurs (it’s not always) I can’t listen to an entire track.

Sorry if that already came up, I searched the forum and didn’t find my exact problem.

1 Like

Sorry for the trouble here, @Jorge_Alberto_Araujo, and apologies for the delayed response. Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment but we are working to respond to everyone ASAP!

Have you noticed any patterns about the tracks that seem to skip? Are they of a certain type/quality? If you go back and try to play one of the tracks that skipped does it skip again or will it play through this time around?

One thing we have found that can help with TIDAL playback issues is to set your DNS to use Google DNS or Cloudflare DNS. Can you give that a try and let us know if it helps?

Hello, Dylan, about your message:

• Whenever I try to play the skipped track, it skips again. Exiting the app and starting it again doesn’t help. It usually skips several tracks in sequence, after playing 1minute, sometimes even less than that, which is very annoying.

• I didn’t register the file format last time, but today it’s skipping tracks in a Bill Evans album (Sunday at the Village Vanguard), which is in FLAC.

• My DNS is already configured to Google’s.

• The problem started after updating to the latest version.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jorge.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.