Skipping tracks issue

I tried a search and seems this issue occurs once in while with different users, but i can’t find a clear solution.

Almost everyday i experience track skipping while playing music. Suddenly the music stops and Roon skips trough all the tracks in the playlist without playing anything or, when the radio is on, keeps skipping tracks for ever. The only thing i found that helped was restarting Roon on my mac. Is there something else i can do to change this behaviour?

my setup:
Mac with external HDD acts as the core > sonore microrendu > DAC

Hi @Percival ---- Thank you for the report and sharing this observation you have made with us. The insight is very appreciated!

Moving forward, to help aide in our evaluation of this behavior may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with the following:

• During your troubleshooting of this behavior have you tried testing with some media stored on the internal storage of the mentioned Mac device?

• If you have not, would you kindly setup a test watch folder on the internal drive of the Mac, populate the folder with a hand full albums, disable your current watch folder(s) (i.e from the external HD), and just watch the “test watch folder” via internal storage. What is the experience like during playback?
  • During your troubleshooting have you tried bypassing the MR and mounting the DAC directly to the MAC to confirm how playback behaviors?

• Additionally would you please provide the following in regard to your setup:

• The make/model/specs of the MAC device mentioned in your report.
    • Please verify the make/model DAC you are currently making use of.

-Eric

Hello @Eric thanks for your reply.

Some answers

1. haven’t been able to try it yet. if i try this, will this influence my self created metadata/roon history/etc in any way?
  2. I’m not able to do that. I use a desktop iMac in another room than my living room where the dac and hifi set sits.
  3. iMac i5 16gb ram, DAC (combination) is Sonore microrendu connected to a Lyngdorf tdai 2170 amp. The microrendu is my endpoint.

Thanks for touching base with me @Percival, very appreciated and my apologies for the delay. A few things moving forward…

“I’m not able to do that. I use a desktop iMac in another room than my living room where the dac and hifi set sits.”

• If you are unable to perform this test would you kindly verify if you experience the same behavior when playing directly out of the internal speakers of the iMac? Please run this test first.

“haven’t been able to try it yet. if i try this, will this influence my self created metadata/roon history/etc in any way?”

• The proposed test should not have any negative influences. I would recommend disabling the current watch folders in Roon, closing the application, and loading a handful of albums into a test folder on the internal drive of the MAC. Then launch the application again and select the “test watch folder” to verify how things perform.

-Eric

2 posts were split to a new topic: Roon tracks won’t play on Macbook Pro

2 posts were split to a new topic: Roon skipping tracks on Mac Mini