Skipping with Tidal Hi Res

Hello
I’m not one who posts on sites but in this case would appreciate help
I have Roon lifetime and really enjoy using it
after updating to Roon 1.7 from 1.6 I’m experiencing skipping issues when streaming hirez via Tidal…no issues with playback via my internal usb storage drive…nothing else changed in my system which includes a Nuc with Lenox OS running on Euphony Roon Core+ StylusEP…
I have no idea what is causing this issue…can you help ?
Thanks
Mark Finestone

Hi Mark,

I’ve converted your message into a Support post, which is the best way to get an issue like this resolved. @support will be along shortly to investigate. It will help them if you can provide details of your system as set out here.

Build 505 improved buffering for streaming. Have you updated to B505 ?

Hi @Mark_Finestone,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does this same issue occur for all endpoints?

yes I have 505
I have an i7 Nuc with Euphony with play set to Roon+StylusEP

My system includes modem>TSL Switch>Sotm Switch>i7 Nuc>TXusbultra>Mscaler>DaveDac>preamp>amps> Revel Salons

I’m streaming via Tidal…haven’t tried anything else…no issue with redbook but only with Hirrez
My first impression hearing 1.7 is mids sound less warm which may be contrary to your feedback ?

I left out Modem >Router>swithes etc…!

Hi @Mark_Finestone,

If you play this content to System Output of a remote device do the skips still occur?

What are the download speeds for your network?

this is complicated…can we talk on phone ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.