Sleeping server

I’m running Roon Server on a Mac Mini with a single big SSD drive, and it’s been working beautifully. I woke up this morning, and fancied listening to some music in bed on my headphone system (Raspberry Pi and Mojo). Fired up Roon on my phone, which was able to find Roon Server, but Roon Server reported zero audio devices.

I restarted the Pi to no avail. The Pi downstairs would have been on all night, and also the Squeezebox Boom in the kitchen. I restarted Roon on my phone, and at this point I couldn’t reconnect to the Roon server.

Trying to avoid getting out of bed, I tried installing Wake-on-lan and waking the Roon server, which woke it up, but still it couldn’t find any audio devices.

In the end, I got out of bed, came downstairs, logged in to the Mac Mini, and it’s now working fine.

Hoping this is just a blip, but is there something I’m doing wrong? The server was responding to the client, so it couldn’t have been completely asleep, but it couldn’t see its audio devices. Strange!

This isn’t going to be of much help, but I use a Win 10 Roon Core PC, and Wake-on-LAN works perfectly for me. I do a lot of Roon listening on my 1st floor home office, and I need to wake up my Core PC downstairs when I start work.

This morning it worked fine. Strange!