Slow and hanging up at every turn- unusable

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

I’m using Roon through Antipodes DX server and iPad, iPhone, iMac as remotes.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Shaw Arris modem wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Antipodes DX to McIntosh C2600 via USB

Description Of Issue

SLOW SLOW SLOW! I can spend two or three or five minutes watching the Roon logo do it’s little dance while I wait for my albums to come up or to have a song play or any step I need to take to look at my music or play my music or search for anything. My entire system is on listenable because it’s way too frustrating to have two or three or four minute gaps in between every song I want to play or album I want to look for. What is wrong? I’m quite frustrated.

For instance, I needed to change my password so that I could access my account to try to fix things. When I came back to log into my account I entered my information and click the login button. I watch the Roon logo dance for one minute 39 seconds before it logged me in.

Then I went to the menu and tried to select my albums. I watched the local dance for a minute and 14 seconds before I receive the message ‘Error loading page”. I have Tidal and 19,289 tracks showing - not sure if that’s how many I’ve uploaded to hard drive or inclusive of tidal bookmarks. Wifi has been checked and is plenty fast.

As a test try connecting via a lan cable rather than WiFi, do you still have the problems?

WiFi is almost certainly the issue. Running a LAN cable in temporarily is the best check. Then go from there.

Hi @John_Carlson,

As mentioned in our Networking Guide, we always recommend an Ethernet connection to the Core machine whenever possible. It would be good to know if similar behavior occurs when using Ethernet.

How long have you been experiencing this slowness? Is this a new behavior you’ve recently seen or have things been slow since the start?

If you reboot the Core is there any improvement to the speed?

Hi @John_Carlson,
If this behaviour continues with a wired ethernet connection between the router and DX could you email me at support@antipodes.audio. I could log in remotely and check what is happening inside the DX during the delay.

1 Like

Any update from the OP?

No, didn’t hear from him.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.