Slow Performance/Connectivity Issues on Windows Remote

I am confirming that Roon server and Roon Win10 client was restarted more than 2 times. No change - or even worst…

1 Like

@Csongor_Kovacs Try time-shifting. First start the server, wait 5 to 10 minutes depending on the size of the database and then start the GUI / control component. If necessary, the (remote) operation several times.

Hi, I restarted twice the server waiting about 15 min after each restart, before starting the client application. I restarted the client application as well about 5 times after each server restart, but nothing has been changed… The IOS client (iPone, iPad) has no problems just the windows Roon client.

1 Like

That’s a shame, maybe someone else has read something that can be a short term help.

Hi @Csongor_Kovacs, thank you for your patience while the team has a deeper look into your logs in that case. We’ll circle back with next steps shortly.

Hi @Csongor_Kovacs,

I’ve broken this out into a new thread to continue troubleshooting the issue with your Windows device. At this point, I recommend refreshing your database to create known, replicable conditions. When you next have a chance to test, please try the following and let me know if it improves performance on the problem Remote at all:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup
  • Reinstall the Roon app on the Remote device as well for due diligence.

Hi @Csongor_Kovacs,

I wanted to check in and see if you were still experiencing this problem. Did you have a chance to try the database refresh in my previous post?

Hi, I am running the Roon server in a docker container on the Synology NAS. I reinstalled the server and also the client part again, now is running as expected.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.