Slow Search On ROCK

I am having same problem on a NUC with ROCK.

Hello @Andrew_Stein,

I split your post from the previous thread, can you please let me know if this issue is still occurring for you? Have you tried rebooting and can confirm the same behavior afterwards?

Thanks,
Noris

Hi. I restarted and rebooted the NUC, but the searches are still very slow.

Thanks for trying the reboot @Andrew_Stein,

Can you let me know what your network setup is like and what kind of Roon Remote you are using to control the ROCK? Please list the model/manufacturer of your router, any switches, range extenders, powerline adapters, ect. that you have. Does you network meet our Recommended Guidelines?

I have a ROCK as well but am not seeing any slow search behavior and I have not seen many reports on Community, so I believe this may be something environmental on your end. You could also try changing your DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Google DNS or Cloudflare DNS to see if it helps. Please let me know your thoughts when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi. I can’t access that information now, but searches ran very quickly right before the update to Roon 1.6. Nothing in my setup changed before the update.

Hello @Andrew_Stein,

Please provide the above requested information so that we can continue troubleshooting this issue. Even though nothing has changed, sometimes cables go bad or router settings get reverted due to firmware updates. Please also double check the Networking Best Practices or DNS recommendations I linked above to see if they help.

Thanks,
Noris