Slow search, slow add to library, slow play

Noticeably slower performance doing any library activity or searching. Often I have to quit a “loading album” action, and try again. Searching is very much slower 2 times out of 3 - when it would have been nigh on instantaneous most of the time previously, it seems more frequently to take 10 s or longer now. I have noticed this most in the last couple of days - I can’t reliably say how much further back than that I’ve noticed. Searching includes Tidal, but we don’t have Qobuz in NZ…

Core is a NUC7i5BNH running Rock v1.0 build 174, with local library on internal SSD - only about 1000 albums or so.

Core is wired to TP-link 24 port 1gig switch, Asus RT-AC68RU router also wired to same switch, as is primary endpoint running MacOS. 200Mbit Up/down fibre to outside world. Not seeing any issues with video streaming or other connectivity. Control primarily through iPhone X and iPad Air 2.

Primary audio endpoint is a Metric Halo LIO-8 DAC/Pre, hardwired to MacOS device running Roon over Metric Halo’s 3D link/audio over IP protocol. Occasionally I’ll also output to HP Player running on same MacOS device. This has been operating fine since last September, when I installed the 3D card. Other endpoints are 3 x RPi3 running Ropieee, a couple of CCAs, and KEF LS50W, though I’ve only been using one of the former and the latter recently.

Any help much appreciated - please let me know what other info may be useful.

1 Like

Hi @bartman,

How often does this slowness occur? If you reboot do things speed up, even if temporarily?

The next time that you’re in this state where things seem slow, I was hoping you could perform the following test. Please make a note of the time that you start the test and how long each step takes:

1. Run a speed test here and report your results in your response
  2. Open Overview page.
  3. Open Discover page.
  4. Perform a search for “The Beatles”.
  5. Open “The Beatles” artist page.
  6. Open the “Help!” album page.
  7. Start playback of “Help!” (how long does it take before it plays?).
  8. Search for “Daft Punk”.
  9. Open the “Daft Punk” artist page.
  10. Open the “Random Access Memories” album page.
  11. Start playback of “Random Access Memories”.

Respond here with the times for each and the time that you started (and your timezone). I’ll pass these results along to the team to aid in their investigation.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.