Slow search, versions, and overview

Each of these tasks is taking over a minute to happen. When an album loads, I getting a spinning circle for quite a while while versions loads. Everything is faster when Tidal and/or Qobuz is off.

It seems anything that needs to access those services is slow, including accessing them themselves, but that is faster than when the data is integrated with Roon.

I’ve tried rebooting the core, no help.

1 Like

Having a similar problem since about 1330 cst.

Let’s tag @support

Extremely slow search this morning first noticed about 11:15AM PST.

I’m having similar issues.
Searching “RY X” to find the new album takes forever, even when the album is playing … and it is in my Library.
When I go to TIDAL/New I find the album instantly.
Not a big deal and the issue will be resolved.
Enjoying Roon every day. :slightly_smiling_face:

Same here. I was looking for an album in Roon a short while ago and it took a couple of minutes or so.

Toke about 12 seconds to find an artist and sometimes even longer

Agree…noticing considerable slowdown.

I’ve found that the response times in Roon can and do vary greatly. Sometimes Roon is super fast and other times it is as slow as can be. I suspect that this has to do with Roon doing database and metadata updating in the background but I am not sure. I wish there was a way to tell if Roon is doing background tasks and a way to suspend or reschedule background task to times when Roon is idle, like at 3 am.

May affected by the number of services linked to ROON, I have both TIDAL and Qobuz, no local results until both TIDAL and Qobuz results obtained.

Interesting.

Hello Everyone,

We are currently investigating some reports of slowness regarding search, versions and overview.
Thank you for letting us know, we’re looking into it.

– Noris

1 Like

Same here (DC, FWIW). Just coming here to post about it, since it’s been happening pretty much all day for me and so I figured it wasn’t an isolated issue.

It may just be coincidence but the slowness seemed to clear up once I rebooted my Nucleus server.

Edit: I take it back. Overall sluggishness improved but search is still glacial !!!

Same thing here, a reboot did not solve the problem. Service apps are not slowing down individually, but in ROON they are significantly slower. Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 here.

Search is unusable. Which basically makes Roon itself unusable.

1 Like

Thanks Noris, suffer the same issue here.

It is really a show stopper because search is all about Roon!!!

Same here since update searching has been very slow and transitions are glitchy along with freeze ups. I control my core with an IPhone 7+ throughout the house. Thought I’d chime in seems Im not the only one. @
support

No issues for me here in central NY, USA. I’m logged into both Tidal and Qobuz. I get search results in a blink or two, whether I’m searching for something in my library or for an artist that I know is not in my library.

I have more than 1,000 albums in my local library, and subscriptions to both Qobuz and Tidal.
Slow search only only happens when both Qobuz, Tidal are active at the same time, this issue does not happen when I log out of Tidal,