Slow searches on Roon Rock

**Core Machine (Operating system/System )

I5 NUC running Rock
Various Roon remotes (PC, IPad, iPhone)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet
BT HomeHub 6 router connected to TP LINK unmanaged switch that Rock is connected to.

Internet is super fast fibre.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Devialet Expert 440 connected by Ethernet to same TP LINK switch as Rock

Description Of Issue

Searches are very slow using any and all remote devices. Can run for up to 10 seconds. Sonos is in the same house using same network and services (tidal and Qobuz ) with lightening searches.) very frustrated .

Hi @David_Rowe,

If you reboot your Core machine is there any change in the speed of the search?

Is every search slow or just certain searches?

If you search for the same thing multiple times is it any faster the second time?

Hi There !

Faster when I search the same term a second time. Faster after a reboot.

Tnx
David

Thanks, @David_Rowe.

Can you provide a couple of examples of times when you’re seeing a slow search? Please include the following:

• The text used in the search
  • The time that the search occurred
  • How long the search takes

Hi - I’ll keep a record going forwards over the next week. Until I just restarted, searches were taking around 10 seconds. Daft Punk was an example

Hi @dylan ,
I am wondering how the Core machine reboot can speed up the search - what is the mechanism of such influence? And if the mechanism is known, is it possible to somehow change the software of the Core so that there is no need to reboot the Core machine in such cases every time?

1 Like

This slow operation has been around for a long time, a very annoying situation, it is quietly time for a solution to be found, and it certainly does not benefit customer gain

I am increasingly frustrated by the search speed of Roon. I just restarted my Rock and still a search for Culture took nearly a minute. I tried Neil Young afterwards and again Roon span it’s wheels for nearly a minute. Tonight I am unable to use Tidal or Quobuz.

I have resorted to playing vinyl.

I have used Sonos in the rest of the house for 10 years without a glitch. I even use the Rock sever as my Sonos music library instead of a nas and have no search speed issues - how ironic !

I am running a Rock which has nothing but Roon software and it is entirely within their quality control . For the price of my license it is frankly awful.

Hi @David_Rowe,

Minute long searches definitely are not typical — While we are continuing to make improvements to search, searches of one minute are not something you should be seeing. Is it always this speed, or does it vary?

Over the weekend we a back-end server issue that affected TIDAL, Qobuz, and search times — Are you still seeing the slowness and problems playing back TIDAL and Qobuz or have things improved for you now?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.