Slowness in Roon since adding TIDAL

I do not know if reasons are similar, but searches (e.g. for artists, titles, …) are REALLY slow since connected Tidal account to Roon, vs. instantaneous before.
To the point my wife is asking removing Tidal

Any chance this kind of issue can be solved?

Running Roon on Synology NAS

Hey @Eric_Perion,

Thanks for letting us know what you’re experiencing when trying to enjoy music with Roon. We’re very sorry.

Would you please share a bit more information about the issue and your setup & environment, so we can make suggestions as to what might help get you back to instantaneous use of Roon :star2:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Thanks Beka
Sure here are the details of my config

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon build number: Package Version RoonServer_Synology_x86_64_2021-11-05
Room installed on SSD Disk

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus Router RT-AC68U ; Wifi activated. Issue happens wether connected to Ethernet or Wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

• iPhone essentially used as remote controle
  • Yamaha CD-NT670
  • Yamaha WX-010

Music Library

• Local library on NAS: 53000 music files
  • TIDAL account connected to Roon

Description of the issue

When searching in Roon app for an artist or song, whatever, results appear with a delay of about 2 or 3 seconds, then refreshed with same delay when adding a new letter and so on. Resulting in bad searching experience, 1) unexpected delay, 2) leading sometimes to selecting the wrong item when the one we are about to select moves up or down just before we select it… resulting in selecting a wrong item newly displayed at this position

This issue was not there before connecting Tidal to Roon. It looks like the delay comes from the search online on Tidal database vs. local search in the past

Hey @Eric_Perion,

Thank you for your patience and for taking the time to share the details we’ve asked for :pray:

I wonder if any other actions (for example, using any DSP Engine) cause slowness? I ask this because most Synology Diskstations are below are recommended specifications:

This means that the processor might not be powerful enough for some actions (including streaming from TIDAL alongside a significantly large library, or streaming to multiple zones at the same time). If I’m not mistaken, the CPU on the Synology NAS DS418 Play is a Celeron, below our recommendations.

If you remove the TIDAL account, do you experience any slowness? It might help to try clearing the TIDAL cache:

• Navigate to Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

If possible at all and if available in your location, could you try connecting a Qobuz account? They offer a 30 day free trial to new customers.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.