Smart Playlists long gap between tracks

I don’t know if it’s just me, but with a new track based smart playlist that relies upon a ‘not played in 6 months’ focus I get a long gap between tracks, sometimes several seconds, as the playlist seems to update itself and removes the track just played?

Moved to Support. Good point by @Tim_Woodward!

1 Like

Thanks for the move… and I’ve further narrowed it down to Qobuz tracks. If I restrict the playlist to my own files there is no gap at all whereas if it restrict the playlist to only Qobuz files the track time display goes back and forth for at least five seconds sometimes before it begins playing the next track. I’ve checked the albums and they are available so it isn’t that Qobuz has moved them.

Hey @Tim_Woodward,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your report!

As a next step, could you please reproduce the behavior and this time take note of the specific date, time, and name of track(s) played at the time of the long gap?

From there, we’ll enable diagnostics to investigate further. Thank you! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @benjamin - details below for your diagnosis!

Date: 18th October 2024
Time: 10:13
Track: Peggy Lee, Black Coffee With Peggy Lee: Love Me Or Leave Me (Qobuz)

(I’m really looking forward to this working as most of my tracks are streamed and I absolutely love the idea - this is from a smart playlist Jazz as shown below… finding me some great tracks I haven’t listened to for ages!) :blush:

Hi @Tim_Woodward,

Do you happen to recall when you last tested a Smart Playlist playlist with Qobuz disabled, and thereby avoided the long gaps you’re describing?

The team has isolated the slowdown mechanism in the event from your timestamp above, and we’d like to compare diagnostics to an event without the delays. We should be able to take more action from there.

Hi @connor,

It was just after the long gap with Qobuz content, hang on I’ll check it out now again…

Friday 25th October (today)
11:17 (now)

No extended gap between…

and…

Hope that helps :blush:

SPL set up as below…

Also @connor just let them know that whenever I have played a SPL the whole experience of using Roon slows right down for a while, I am now browsing playlists (not SPL) and loading albums and its taking ages to get everything needed for the album page… all this happening now (11:27 my time)